Front Cover

Evangeline~

News spread, fast. Which means my chances of becoming CEO are incredibly low now.

To be fair, it's really not my fault. I was just trying to leave, and he was just, there.

Him and his perfect brown hair. The watch, that I shouldn't like but I do, sitting perfectly on his wrist. The outfit he was wearing, perfect. His voice, perfect.

Everything about him is perfect.

I am absolutely disgusted with myself. I have to stop thinking about him like that. He is the enemy. Their company is gaining more than we are. They are making their way to the top, as we slow down.

"Evangeline, your father would like to speak with you." Isaac tells me, escorting me to his office.

"Is it about," I question. I can feel my face turning hot.

"No." Isaac turns a corner sharply, I have to lean my shoulder into him so I don't fall.

He leads me down the familiar halls. The ones I've walked down since I was seven. When the building was first put together, I begged my dad to bring me here, to run through the halls.

Twelve years later, I walk down the same halls, the smile faded, and the seriousness dialed up ten notches.

Eventually, we arrive outside of his office. Isaac wishes me good luck, which concerns me more than I already was. Before I can ask him what I need luck for, he is already gone, and I'm alone outside of my fathers office.

I gently knock on the door, in case he's on a business call. Fortunately he's not, and he opens the door for me.

"Evangeline, please, have a seat." He smiles, as his assistant pull out a chair for me.

"If this is about, the whole situation, I don't know how many more times I can,"

"Angie, your little, bump, into Ellis Jr. has brought incredible attention to you, and the company. The people are begging to hear more about you. We've done our best to keep you out of the spotlight, but I think it's time you take your spot in it." My father smiles at me. I don't know what to say. Really, I'm just trying to process.

"Oh, I- Um, Dad I don't think that's a good idea." I claim, my face turning red.

"Why not honey? I thought you wanted to take a step up in the business."

"I do. I just don't think now is the best time. I don't know if you've seen how KlineCo is handling the situation, but I don't think it would be smart for me to get more involved than I already am."

"I have seen how they're handling it, and I think now is the perfect time for you to step up. They put a young, attractive boy on their front cover, we do the same. But we put you on the cover." My father suggests. Sure, it may work, but Ive never truly been in the spotlight.

Who's to say that it couldn't go terribly wrong? We are already loosing profits to KlineCo, and making a change in who's running the business, who's on our front cover, and what we do to advertise, could be fatal. I don't think it's the best for me, or WrightLan.