Deals

Grey~

Seen. Not noticed.

I mean it.

We can't be rumor, we have to be real.

Even if we aren't real, we need to make it seem like we are. Whatever that takes, I'm willing.

KlineCo needs this. More than WrightLen. More than anything else.

I need to make the company look good. I'm young, and our customers know that.

What they also know, is that Evangeline is young too, and she's doing a hell of a lot better at her job than I am. She makes me look bad.

But God...

I need to make a call.

"Knock Knock." Oliver walks into my office, his daughter, Blake, sits patiently on his hip.

Just another person who makes me look bad.

"What's up?" I ask him, trying to focus on sending an email.

"How's things going with you and Evangeline?" He questions. The exact thing I don't want to think about.

"It's going. I was going to call and invite her to that Gala on Wednesday." I state.

"Maybe that will be better than that banquet last week." Oliver laughs.

"Grey! I saw you on TV last week!" Blake excitedly shouts. I can't help but smile.

"You did?!" I play along.

"Yeah, you and a girl who looks like a princess! Is that your girlfriendddd?" She giggles, burying her face into Oliver's neck.

"Kind of," I hesitantly say. "Shes my
fake girlfriend."

"Well you should make her your real girlfriend." She tells me.

"Party in Grey's office?" Brinley laughs, walking in behind Oliver.

"Party in my office." I smile at her.

"Momma, you should tell Grey to make his fake girlfriend, his real girlfriend." She raises her eyebrows at her mother.

How can a four year old have so much sass?

"I think Grey should find himself a real girlfriend instead of having a fake one." Brin says, side eying me.

"Never knew the entire Brown family was this invested in my love life." I laugh, rolling my eyes.

"We just want you to find your other half." Brin smiles, leaning her head on Oliver's shoulder.

My phone rings. I'm supposed to go to lunch with the Brown family, but this call could be important.

"I'm going to," I say.

"Go ahead." Oliver interrupts.

"KlineCo this is Grey." I say into the phone.

"Grey? You sound an awful lot like,"

"Evangeline?" I question.

"Didn't know you went by Grey." I hear her softly laugh.

"I was actually just going to call you." I claim, attempting to switch the topic.

"About?" She says, sass in her tone.

"There's a Gala on Wednesday,"

"Fine. I'm picking the colors we're wearing though."

"Deal."

"Okay. We're wearing pink."

"Evangeline, that is not professional." I claim. I can't help but smile.

"We made our deal."

"All I'm asking is that you at least try and take this seriously. This is an entire company I'm talking about Evangeline."

"Looks like you don't have a date then. Also, a rivalry company, may I remind you."

"God you are a child."

"Need I say that I'm barely nineteen years old?"

"And that's helping your case?"

"Plus I'm running a more successful company than you."

"Asshole." I mumble under my breath.

"We'll go tie shopping tomorrow." She says, as she hangs up.

I fix my button up shirt, sign out of my computer, and make my way out of the door, meeting the Brown family in the lobby.