Fuck It

Evangeline~

I step into Grey's car. A blue, 2022 Acura TLX. I love everything about it.

"Jesus," I hear him mutter under his breath, while I buckle my seatbelt.

"Good to see you too." I smile, I'm unsure of what to do with my hands.

"You look beautiful." It's hard to make out, but I can see his smile in the soft light.

He pulls away from the curb, not too fast, not too slow.

"Thank you." I nervously laugh. "You look great too."

The silence of the car isn't awkward, or uncomfortable, just, different.

I can tell there's something he wants to say, but won't. I can see it when I glance over at him, and he adjusts his hands on the steering wheel. When I slightly move in my seat, his head jerks over in my direction. The small things are so big. So giving.

"Has anyone ever called you Eva?" He randomly asks.

"Never. My dad calls me Angie sometimes, otherwise just Evangeline." I say. My cheeks feel hot, just as that name comes from his mouth.

"Would you mind if I called you that?" He looks over at me, as we stop.

"Whatever you want Handsome." I smile, wishing I could kiss him.

"Okay." He gently says, pressing on the gas.

I look out of the window. The city lights a blur, as we speed up. The buildings that go far beyond the clouds, bright with light.

"What's going on?" I question. I feel like I'm on my tiptoes around him today.

"Nothing. I'm- everything is fine." He mutters.

I ache to hug him. Whatever is wrong, I want to hug away. I have never seen him act this way. I want to know-

"Grey, don't lie to me." I say. My tone getting more serious.

"I'm fine. Please stop asking." He snaps.

"Stop the car." I demand. He just hits the gas even harder.

"Grey, I'm not kidding. Stop."

He presses the gas harder. We speed even faster.

"Ellis stop the fucking car or I swear to God," My voice gets sharper.

"I'm not going to." He tells me. His voice calm, and soft. His face is telling a different story.

"Where the hell are we going? We passed the restaurant five minutes ago." I sharply say.

"Just trust me."

"How do I know you aren't going to take me somewhere to kill me?" I say. He hits the breaks, his tires screeching against the pavement.

"I'm not going to fucking kill you, Jesus Christ." He says, slamming his hands on the steering wheel, before putting his head on it. I put the car in park for him.

"Will you please talk to me?" I question, slightly afraid by his aggression.

"I don't know what's wrong. I'm just- God I don't even know. I want to know what's going on with you."

"This isn't about me Grey. This is about you."

"I feel like I'm walking on my tiptoes around you.
Until last week, I didn't ever realize how much you have going on, and how it piles up. You broke down, and I feel like it was my fault. I don't want,"

"Grey, none of that was your fault. I was already having an off day, I guess being at that event was just my breaking point. It has absolutely nothing to do with you. If you ever feel that way, please tell me." I plead. He slowly lifts his head up from the steering wheel.

"I always just thought you had everything together. So many people look up to you, including me. I always wonder how you do it. How you manage everything so perfectly."

"Oh God, I am far from perfect. Especially at managing things. I just know things have to get done, so I push myself as far as I can go. Unfortunately, that doesn't work, as we saw last week." I claim. His hand is so close to mine. I gently wrap my fingers around his, every muscle in my body relaxing.

"Fuck it," He mumbles under his breath. And then that breath is so close to my lips, the sent of mint fills my nose. My mouth waters, wanting to taste him like I did before. I look at his lips. I can practically feel them on mine. The soft, but passionate, sweet, but energetic lips, that I crave. All. The. Time.

Ever since that night at the Gala, I've itched for more. His body being pressed against mine. The passion in the kiss, that wasn't supposed to be what made me realize my feelings for a Kline, but did.

After what feels like a thousand years, our lips finally meet. I cup his cheeks in my hands, his do the same.

We only pull away for deep breaths in, before kissing again. My head spins, so many things screaming at me that this is wrong. That Grey and I aren't supposed to do this. My parents voices in my head, telling me hundreds of false things about the Klines. Everything I've known to be true, shattered.

"Grey," I say, his lips still against mine. He just kisses me more.

"Grey," I pull away a bit more.

"Hm?" He questions, still looking at my lips.

"God, you are so fucking irresistible. Do you know that?" I ask, completely blanking what I was going to say.

He doesn't say anything, but kisses me more.

I push away. I'm shot back into reality. Grey and I are so late. So, so late. Ambrosia probably thinks I ditched her and Isaac.

"Grey," I say, my hands on his chest.

"Eva," He smiles. I can't help but smile too.

"We are so, late." I tell him, his eyes glancing at the clock. 7:00.

"Shit," He mutters, before turning around, heading back towards the restaurant.

I text Ambrosia, making up an excuse as to why Grey and I are late.

I feel bad for lying to her, but there's nothing I can do to change the fact that I did.