Day One

Grey~

In exactly one hour, our fake dating will become known to the public. They won't know it's fake, but it's going to be known that we're "dating". No word can describe how terrified I am in this exact moment.

I brought this upon myself, pitching a crazy idea to my team, and am now going to pay for it. However, I wish I could go back and tell my past self how stupid that idea is.

"You fucked up." Oliver says, coincidently getting back from his three month long trip, yesterday.

"Thanks." I sharply say, fixing the cuff on my suit.

"I'm just kidding, Jesus." He snaps back.

"Sorry. I know. Are Brinley and Blake coming?" I switch the topic.

"Brinley is. Blake is staying with Brins parents." He tells me, straightening his tie.

"Makes sense." I claim.

"Sorry, and what's this girls name?" He asks.

"Evangeline." I say. I like the way her names rolls off my tongue. It feels so natural.

I think of the girl I met in the coffee shop. Pale skin, soft blue eyes, golden blonde hair. Freckles dotting her nose and cheeks.

Then the girl I watched give a speech on the tv. Confident, and professional. Those same eyes, telling a story no words could. Her pale skin, even paler against the blue dress she was wearing. Her hair, looking even more golden in the soft sunlight of December.

"What about me?" A soft voice asks. I freeze, turning around, to see Evangeline in a breath taking deep green dress.

"He asked your name." I manage to spit out.

"Evangeline Wright! A pleasure to meet you." She smiles, shaking Oliver's hand.

"Oliver Brown." He smiles back.

She walks over to my side, I allow her to wrap her arm around mine.

"You look great." She smiles at me.

"Thank you, you look stunning." I say.

"Everyone please take your seats." A man's voice booms over the speakers.

I guide Evangeline and Oliver to a table, and sit down. I watch as paparazzi catches Evangeline and I together.

This is what we wanted. This is what we chose.