Not Anytime Soon

Grey~

It's hard to focus on anything, when you now know you now have not one, but three babies on the way.

I'm excited, more than anything else, but also completely terrified at the same time. I cant begin to imagine how scary this must be for Eva.

She's barely turned twenty, and is pregnant with twins. Plus she's a small girl, and there's no telling how her body is going to handle it. But I'm going to be at her side. Whenever she needs me, I'll be there.

"Grey, there's a gala tomorrow night, are you up for it?" My mother questions, walking into my office as if she owns the place.

"Yeah. What else do I spend my Saturday nights doing?" I chuckle, taking a sip of water.

"Hanging out with Evangeline." She says.

"Okay fair point but still."

"How's that ring coming along?"She switches the topic.

"Good. I would say probably another two weeks and we could be getting ads out, and get them in store by late September."

"That's just what we need. Also, I believe Oliver was going to stop by later today. Something about Blake wanting to give you something." My mother smiles.

"God I love that girl." I grin.

"She's the cutest. Maybe one day you'll have a little girl like her. Hopefully no time soon, but maybe one day."

That, makes me mad. Why not any time soon? Why could she care so much. Is it because she doesn't actually like Evangeline? Does she think I'm not ready?

Because I most definitely am. Im more ready, and more sure about this, than anything in my entire life. Eva and I are having children, and I could not be more ready.

My mind races, contemplating telling my mother everything. That I plan on marrying Evangeline one day. That she and I are going to have a family, and we could not be any happier. But I can't, and I won't, because Eva asked me not to.

Because she wants to make sure our kids are healthy before we break any kind of news to anyone. And I adore that about her. She's willing to keep something so big from her family, from everyone, because she already cares so much about them. That, is what drives me insane.

Eva is what drives me insane.