Nothing More

Grey~

Never, in my right mind, would I have ever expected Evangeline to do that. It definitely brought attention.

I step into the bathroom, trying to catch my breath. Calm myself down.

I really can not believe that that just happened.

I wash my hands. Scrubbing and rinsing. Scrubbing and rinsing. Again and again. Repeating the steps. Wash, rinse, soap. Wash, rinse, soap. My body does the motions, as I watch. My mind wanders and races. Slowing down, only to speed up again.

The feeling of her lips on mine, her hands moving from my shoulders to my chest. Our bodies pressed
together, as time slowed down. Cameras flashing. Audible gasps. The feeling of all eyes on us.

Through the corner of my eye, I see a man in a black suit. I slowly raise my head, to check who it is.

"What the hell was that? That was not the agreement." My father hisses.

"You're asking me!" I snap.

"Don't play dumb with me Ellis," His face is turning red.

"I'm not. You really think I would have done that?"

"Is that even a question?" He scoffs. "Fake dating Ellis. Not a, make out, in the middle of the Gala!"

"It wasn't me!" I shout.

"You're telling me some little nineteen year old girl decided that she was going to kiss you in the middle of the dance? Do you really think I'm that naive?"

"Does it even matter what I say? You're going to blame it on me no matter what." I mumble.

"Quit being a smart ass. I thought I could put you in this position and you would act like an adult, which you are. Not pull some bullshit like this." He angrily states, walking out of the bathroom.

It takes everything in my not to punch the mirror. Punch my reflection staring back at me. Telling me that what just happened was wrong. That I should have pulled away. I shouldn't have let her kiss me in the first place.

I scrub and rinse my hands over and over, until they are practically bleeding. I wipe them off, and step out of the bathroom.

Most of the guests have left, meaning I am not going to be the center of attention.

I turn the corner, and am met with my mother and Evangeline talking. Still in that gorgeous gown, stealing the hearts of anyone she makes eye contact with.

"We we're just talking about you." My mother says. My father no where in sight.

"Were you now?" I question. I avoid any eye contact with Evangeline. For the sake of myself, and my temper.

"You're mother was telling me about the engagement ring you're designing right now. It sounds beautiful." She smiles, adjusting the ring on her finger.

"Oh, um, yes. It's going to be the first of its kind, from KlineCo, of course." She studies the ring on her finger.

"I would love to see the final product, of course if that's alright with all of the Kline family." She smiles.

That god damn smile that drives me out of my mind, and also makes me want to never see her again.

"We would love for you to see it darling." My mother softly smiles at Evangeline.

In this exact moment, I want to rewind. Redo everything.

Never go to that coffee shop, never suggest this brainless idea in the first place.

"My, look at the time. I better get going." Evangeline says, checking her watch. WrightLen of course.

"Grey, would you take Evangeline to her car?" My mother questions, adjusting her dress.

"Of course." I say a bit more sharply than I had wished. I gently grasp Evangeline's hand, and lead her into the parking lot.

"Are you alright?" She stops walking.

"I've been better." I say, stopping in front of her. Our bodies so close I can feel the heat from her body.

"If it's about that kiss, I am truly," And this time I don't let her finish. I press my lips on hers.

She's smarter than me. She pushes away the first chance she gets.

"Grey, there's no one around us. We don't have to," She pauses. Then takes a step back. "Grey, this can't get anywhere beyond fake dating." She states.

"I- I know." I mumble.

"Okay. Have a good night. Get some sleep. I'll call you in the morning, alright?"

"Okay. Drive careful." I answer, already walking back to the building.