Plans

Evangeline~

"Grey, can I please see the new plans you two have created?" A man, not much older than my father, asks him.

"I've sent it all to you in an email." Grey mentions, his hand making its way to my thigh. I pull the ring out of my pocket, where it's lived since I first took it from Grey.

I fiddle with the cold metal in my hands, slipping it on and off of my fingers. It doesn't fit any of them, but I like it that way. I like that it's Grey's.

"Alright, I'm seeing it right here. Let me just briefly go over it with you two." He says.

I slip the ring onto Grey's index finger. He twitches as the ring touches his finger. I only realized now that his index has been bare since I took his ring.

He looks over at me, something in his eyes tells me something. I cant tell what it is, but I know it's something.

"I see here that you have decided to change the name of the company. Is that correct?"

"Yes." Grey sternly claims.

"I'm also reading that Ms. Wright will be named as founder, and you, Mr. Kline, will be named as Co-Founder? Am I reading that right?"

"Yes sir." Grey says.

"Sir, I would like to change that. I'd like Grey to be named as Founder, and myself as Co- Founder." I object.

"Mr. Kline, do you consent to these changes?"

"Um- Yes." He hesitantly says. A man with glasses types away at his computer.

"Ms. Wright, Mr. Kline, in order to follow through with this, you are to be aware that you both will need lawyers, to execute these plans. If you can not find one, or afford one, a lawyer will be given to you."

"We are aware, thank you Peter." Grey shakes his hand, as do I.

"Then you are all dismissed." He happily says, a smile pinned onto the once serious face.

"We appreciate this, very much." I make sure to say.

"Ms. Wright, we are honored to be working with you on this. It is something Greyland has been working on for a very long while now, and we are glad you are finally able to be apart of it." Peter smiles at me.

"It is a pleasure, really." I tell him, grasping Grey's hand, stepping closer to him.

"We appreciate your cooperation. We will hopefully see you two soon." He says, floating into another conversation.

• • •

I lay down on the hotel bed, while Grey takes a shower. Thoughts run laps around my head.

I run my hands over my bump, which has gotten bigger over the past few weeks.

"So," Grey smiles, laying down next to me, in nothing but a pair of shorts.

"So what?" I question, my eyes fighting to stay locked to his.

"What did you think, of the meeting today?" He runs his finger down my arm, stopping at my hand, intertwining them.

"I think it went well. They all seemed hesitant though." I tell him.

"Not hesitant darling. Intimidated." His eyes drop, looking at my lips. The butterflies in my stomach flutter.

"Why would they be intimidated of me?" I question.

"You're young. We've been in rivalry for over ten years. WrightLen has only become more successful since you stepped in. The list goes on and on."

"You are too. KlineCo has become more successful than you guys have been in years. If anything, I'd be intimidated by you." I mutter. I ache to kiss his perfect lips.

"Not like you have Eva," His free hand brushes away a hair draping over my face.

I shut my eyes, letting out a deep breath. He pulls his hand away from mine, the warmth fading. Instead, he gently rests it on my small bump.

Tomorrow I'll be twelve weeks, meaning we can start telling people.

"I want to tell our parents first." I say.

"At the same time? Or separately?"

"I mean, if we're going to do this, we need to start getting them used to being around each other again. And this may very well be the best way to start that."

"Either is fine with me baby. Whatever you want."