Accept It and Move On

Grey~

"Hey there- You gave me a fucking heart attack." Evangeline says, walking into my hospital room, examining everything.

"Sorry, next time I'll give you a warning ahead of time." I laugh.

"Don't be a smartass." She kisses my cheek.

A light knock at the door, follows an energetic four year old skipping in.

"Grey you woke up! Mom said she was worried that you wouldn't." She smiles, jumping into Eva's lap.

"Wait what?" Evangeline questions.

"When me and Grey crashed, the car hit Grey! More than me. That's why I'm okay. But Grey didn't want to open his eyes. Daddy said that he has owies in his head!" Blake explains.

"Oh my God," Evangeline stands up, putting Blake down. "You're doing great?" I can't tell if she's mad,
upset, or about to cry. All options are not ideal.

"It's not as bad as it seems, Evangeline." I try to tell her.

"You weren't going to tell me, we're you?"

"No. I wasn't. Because it's not a big deal,"

"Not a big deal? Grey this can affect you for the rest of your life and you're telling me that it's not a big deal?" She scoffs, tears in her eyes.

"Okay. Yes it's a deal, but not a big one. Eva Im fine."

"You keep saying that. You keep saying that same fucking thing, but to me it is Grey. To me it is."

"I don't know what you want me to do Evangeline. I can't go back. I cant fix it. The best thing I can do is accept it and move on."

"I understand that. But it doesn't make it any less of a problem."

Evangeline's head falls into her hands, her body shaking. I want to hug her. Kiss her. Feel her.

"Eva,"

"I have to go. I'll come by and see you later." She struts out of the door, everyone in the room stunned. Blake looks at me, before following after Eva.