It Wouldn't Hurt

Evangeline~

I open my closet, praying I'll find a decent looking outfit.

I end up wearing a a beige bodysuit, and a jean skirt. A pair of heels, and of course, WrightLen jewelry. I have to make sure Gray knows that I will never wear KlineCo jewelry.

I step into the restaurant, searching for the familiar brunet, who's no where in sight.

"Looking for someone." A man's voice questions.
I can't help but smile.

"Nope." I joke, turning towards Gray, who's incredibly close to me.

We sit down at our table, his outfit makes him look so much older.

"You doing alright?" I question. He looks miserable.

"Just fine." He claims. I don't believe him for one second.

"Hi, I'm Lindsey, I'll be your server today, can I get you two started on drinks?" The waitress smiles.

"I'll just take a water please." I smile.

"A water for me as well. Thank you." Gray tells her. She scribbles on her piece of paper, and hurries away.

Gray and I stay silent for an awkwardly long amount out time. We both know what we want to talk about, but neither of us have the guts to do it.

"About Wednesday..." He starts. "I'm sorry, about what happened in the parking lot. I have no idea what got into me,"

"Grey," I interrupt.

"And I shouldn't have,"

"Grey," I say again, a little louder.

"Kissed you. I know I shouldn't,"

"Ellis! Listen to me." I say. That gets his attention. "I'm not mad about it. I wanted to apologize to you. I shouldn't have kissed you in the first place. And about the kiss in the parking lot, I've really thought about it. Maybe we could be more than just a fake couple." I mumble.

"Evangeline," His tone gets soft. I've never seen him like this before.

"We don't have to become more, but just know i'm open to it." I smile, trying to hid my face.

He stays silent a bit longer. I hate that I can't read his face. I cant read any emotion he's giving right now

"It wouldn't hurt," He mumbles.

"I don't want you to do this if you don't want to Gray. That's the last thing I want." I tell him.

"God who am I kidding. Since we first met in that
coffee shop I liked you. I didn't even know who you were, but you were genuine then, and you're genuine now." He blurts. Now he's the one hiding his face. I can't help but smile.

"Grey, look at me." I say.

He lifts his head from his hands. His green eyes meet mine, sinking into each other. I reach my hand across the table, putting my hand in his. A soft smile grows on his lips, and I can tell he's trying hard to fight it.

"I've felt the same way. For so long." I claim. He puts his left hand over my right.