I Love Her For It

Grey~

I fly home tonight, and I miss Evangeline like crazy.

I miss kissing her, and holding her. I miss her body against mine, her hands in my hair. All of it. All of her.

I never thought I could miss a person so much. Of course I miss my parents and friends, but being away from Evangeline is different.

She really is my other half, and I love her for it.

I shake off whatever smile is on my face, and straighten my suit, before walking into the conference room.

"Mr. Talus, I appreciate you being here." I smile, shaking his hand.

"I couldn't be any happier to be meeting with you Ellis." He shakes mine.

"Shall we get started?" I ask, taking my seat at the head of the table.

I spin the ring on my finger.

"Mr. Kline, are you sure we should be doing this now? Especially after your accident last week. Also considering that the other half of the party involved isn't here?" Tanner Kollan, on of our head supervisors of KlineCo asks me.

"I can assure you that I am fully recovered from last weeks accident. As for both parties not being involved, this is only an idea Kollan. Not a final decision. I would like to get more opinions on the matter, before making an decisions with WrightLen." I sternly answer.

"I understand that, but why would we sit down to talk about an idea? This is a multi-million dollar decision we are talking about. Not what kind of soda you should order." He pushes back.

"Mer. Kollan, as CEO of KlineCo, I have every right to discuss what we do and do not do, throughout the company. If you have an issue with it, you are more than welcome to leave." I stare deep into his eyes. I'm not putting up with any bullshit today.

All I want is to get this over with, and get back to New York.

Tanner doesn't say a word.

"Are we ready to continue?" I question. A few heads nod, as I begin to speak.