Callum Young

Evangeline~

Three Weeks Later...

"Evangeline darling, there's someone we'd like you to meet." My mother says, walking into my office.

It's been too long since I've seen Grey. I always hope, that whenever I get a call, or someone is here to talk, it's him. It's hasn't been, and it never will be.

"I'm in the middle of sending an email." I tell her, not daring to look away from my computer.

"Take a break for five minutes, and then you can have the rest of the day to send your email." She takes my arm, and pulls me off of my chair.

I sigh, walking through the door, down the hall with my mother.

"How did Ellis take the news?" She asks.

Grey. Not Ellis. My mind screams.

"He's not too upset about it. The fake dating did what we wanted it to. Which, in the end was the main goal, right?" I say. The lie comes out of my mouth too smoothly.

"Right." She stops as we approach my fathers office.

"Evangeline, I'm glad you joined us. This is Callum Young. Callum, this is my daughter Evangeline." He introduces us.

The young man, not much older than me, smiles. His honey hair is combed back, his eyes a deep brown.

"It's an absolute honor to meet you." He says.

"As to you." I shake his hand with my right. My left moves towards my back pocket, where Grey's ring has lived since I took it from him last month.

"Callum is going to be helping you out. Your new assistant, if you will." My father tells me.

I know exactly what this is. How stupid do they think I am?

They bring in an attractive guy, put him as my assistant, and then we live our happily ever after.

They hand picked a guy, for me to fall in love with and get married to. Only, instead of saying that, they put him as my assistant.

It forces us to get to know each other.

"Well, I am pleased to meet you, really. Let me show you to my office." I try to sound genuine. But Im not.

He follows me down the hall, not daring to say a word.

"So, Callum, where are you from?" I question.

"The Big City itself." He smiles.

"I see." We turn into my office. The phone is ringing.

"Do you want me to?" He questions.

Part of me says no. Everything else says yes. I want to see how this guy handles phone calls.

"Go ahead." I say. He smiles like a little kid who was
just told they can have a piece of candy.

"Callum Young, with WrighLen, how can I help you?" He cheerfully says.

"Of course. We can have it shipped, or you can pick it up from one of our many locations. Shipping does add to the price, however, it does also speed up the process of getting the piece... No problem. Have a wonderful day." He sets the phone down, and smiles at me.

"You know what you're doing." I nod my head in approval.

"I try my best." He smiles at me, before walking out of my office, and disappearing down the hall.