Just Normal Grey

Evangeline~

I make sure Grey has everything he needs. Water. Meds. Food. A change of clothes. Anything you can think of, I have it within arms reach of him.

"Is there anything else you need?" I ask him.

"No. I'm okay. I don't need you running around getting stuff for me either sweetheart." He puts his hand on my knee.

"I want you to rest." I lean my head on his shoulder.

"Actually, can I get one more thing?" He smiles.

"Of course."

"Perfect." He says into my lips, before kissing me. It's not a passionate kiss though. It's a soft, gentle kiss. Like a thank you, without the words. He pushes away, his eyes are heavy and his smile is weak.

"You are going to hate me after this. I promise you." He chuckles. I think it's his medicine talking.

"Why would I hate you?" I ask.

"Because I'm annoying as fuck." He smiles at me, leaning his head back.

"No you're not. Why don't we go get you in your bed?" I mention, already pulling him off the couch.

I guide him through his home, making our way into the familiar room. His bed in the center of the room, a TV just in front. A desk in the corner. The window just to the left.

He gently lays down, and is almost immediately asleep. I kiss his forehead, before shutting the light off, and closing the door.

I make sure to check up on him every so often, to give myself a peace of mind. At one point, I decided I was just going to stay in the room. I sit down next to him, and study his features.

Wavy chocolate brown hair, tan skin, and scar, just above his eyebrow. I don't know how I haven't noticed it before. I watch as his chest falls and rises with every soft breath.

Bruises cover his arms and neck, and a cut that's been stitched up sits on his shoulder. I gently brush my hand over the torn skin. He looks so calm, so peaceful. I cant look away from him.

I text Rose, checking in to make sure she's doing alright. She and Isaac have gotten pretty serious, and are apparently looking for houses together. In a few short months, I could be living alone.

I wouldn't be upset about it, but she's my best friend, and I would miss seeing her as often as I do.

I switch over to Instagram, and come across an article. Headlined with "Greyland Kline, CEO of KlineCo, in Critical Condition After Severe Accident Yesterday."

I can't help but giggle. I'm sitting right next to him. Everything about him is normal. His breathing, his walking, everything. A few cuts here and there, otherwise, just normal Grey.

He shifts the way he's laying, his eyes opening for a brief second; just long enough for me to catch a glimpse of his deep green eyes.

As he rests his head on the pillow, I push his hair out of his eyes, and plant a kiss on his cheek.

"I love you." I whisper, a soft smile growing on my lips.