I Want One

Evangeline~

"And we're going dress shopping because..?" I question. "I already have a dress for the Gala tomorrow."

"Not for you babe. For my date." Grey smirks.

"Who's the girl?" I question. I have to pretend like I don't care that he's going with someone else beside me.

"You've met her before." He smiles even more, and then I see the blonde four year old running towards us.

"Oh my god, Grey you are the sweetest." I tell him, as Blake runs into my legs.

"Hello cutie! How are you?!" I smile, picking her up.

"Awesome! Did Grey tell you!? I'm getting a princess dress just like yours!" She squeaks.

"No way! That's awesome!" I exclaim.

"It's going to be pink and mom said I can wear fancy makeup and a grownup hair style!" She tells me. I can't help but smile at her. Grey leads us through the mall. His hand on the small of my back.

I could really get used to this. Having a family. If I could right now, I would have a baby this instant. I feel so motherly.

"Blake, did you know that Eva's going to be there too?" Grey asks.

"You are?!" She shouts into my ear.

"Mhm. Maybe I'll see you there." I smile.

"I hope so." She wiggles out of my arms, and into the dress store. I watch as she runs from one pink dress to the next, looking for one like mine. I don't want to be the one to break it to her, but she'll never find one like it. Mine was custom made.

"Oh Blake look at this one," I take a dress off of the rack. Light pink glitter dots a white dress. She looks at it, then at me.

"Is that a married ring? Are you and uncle Grey married?" She randomly asks.

"No. No me and Grey aren't married. But what do you think about this?" I switch the topic back.

"I think Grey wants to marry you. He talks about you all the time." She tells me.

"Does he now?" I look over at him, searching the store for a pink dress.

"All the time. My mommy and daddy say that Grey is making married rings for you."

"Well, I think that your mom and dad are wild." I choke out.

Grey walks over to us, holding a pink dress almost identical to mine. I have no idea how he found one so similar.

"What do you think about this Blake?" He questions.

"It's just like Eva's! I can be a princess now too!" She hops up and down, hugging Grey's legs.

"Let's go try it on. You want Eva to help you?" He questions.

"Yes please!!" She practically drags us to the dressing room.

• • •

Greys reaction as Blake walks out of the dressing room, melts me. He looks so proud.

"What do you think?" I question, sitting next to him. His hand immediately grasping my thigh.

"I think that I want one." He says.

"You want a pink dress?" I laugh.

"No. I want a baby. A kid." His voice pleads.

Blake is preoccupied with feeling like a princess in her dress. She looks the part too. She's going to grow up as a beautiful young woman.

"Rose is out of town for the next two weeks," I practically whisper. "We could, try."

"Do you want to?" He questions. Butterflies flood my stomach. My face gets warm, and all I was to do is kiss Grey.

"Yeah, I really, really do." I tell him. It takes everything in me to not crash my body into his.

"I love this dress!" Blake smiles.

"Let's go buy it, yeah?" Grey says.

"Yes!"