I Promise You

Grey~

This is happening. And with the love of my life.

Evangeline is pregnant, and I get to be by her side for the whole thing. I get to watch her become a mother.

To say i'm excited is an understatement. This is something I have wanted for longer than I can remember.

"I just scheduled an appointment... it's thursday at 10, if you want to come." Evangeline mutters.

"Do you want me to?" I question.

"Yes. But I know you're busy this week, and I don't want to get in the middle of that."

"Eva, I'm not going to let work get in the way of any of this. I will promise you that."

"Okay," She runs her hands along her stomach. "I feel like I'm already so big."

"Babe, you don't need to care about how big you look. You have a literal human being growing in you." I tell her, admiring her small bump.

"What do you think? Boy or girl?" She smiles, leaning her head on my shoulder.

"I think girl. What do you think?"

"I think boy, but I want a little girl." Evangeline smiles, her hand rubbing my arm.

"As long as the baby is healthy, i'm good with whatever."

"I agree. I was actually going to talk to you about that. Can we hold off on telling people, until the 12 week mark?"

"Of course. Whatever you want Eva." I kiss her cheek.

"I'm really excited about this." She smiles.

"I am too. And I'm excited that Im going through this with you."