Avery, Reagan, and Carter

Grey~

A very long 7 hours later, I'm walking to the hospital, praying that Eva, and our kids are okay.

Her parents meet me in the lobby, exhaustion in their eyes.

"Hey, hey is she okay? Are they all doing okay?" I question. I'm panicked, and scared of the worst outcome.

"Evangelines doing great," They softly say. "The triplets, they're doing good for how early they are. She could really use a visit from you though." Her mother tells me.

I'm lead down the hall to Eva's recovery room. She looks miserable.

"Hey sweetheart," I softly say, rubbing my hand on her shoulder.

"Grey," She's crying. "God I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry," She sobs.

"No don't be sorry. You don't need to be sorry." I tell her, my voice shaking, tears welling in my eyes.

"You must be Mr. Kline," A young woman says. "We're so glad you could finally join us." She smiles, checking a monitor on Evangeline.

"She's still a little bit out of it. Her sister is with your triplets in the NICU right now, if you'd like to go and visit them, we just have a few papers we need you to sign,"

"Yes. Yes I would like to."
• • •
I walk into the dim room. Paige looks over at me, a soft smile on her face.

"Hey," She smiles. I dont think I've ever really had a conversation with her before.

"How are they doing?" I question, looking in through the plastic surrounding my children.

"Alright. But you and Evangeline make some pretty cute kids." She smiles, gently patting my shoulder.

"Yeah," I smile.

"Do you guys have names for them?" She asks.

"Mhm. For her," I look at my perfect daughter. Shes so tiny. "Avery James." I tell Paige,

"And for our boys, Carter Ellis, and Reagan Greyland." I study my boys. So small, and fragile.

"Which is which?" She questions."

"That's something I want her and I to decide together." I mention.

"What are we deciding together?" Evangeline softly questions, as her parents help her walk over to me. I wrap my arm around her, helping her keep her balance.

"Which boy is which." I smile, kissing her cheek.

"I wanted that too," She tells me.

"You two already have names?" Evangelines mother questions.

"Mhm. This princess," I start, "Is Avery James. And for the boys, Carter Ellis, and Reagan Greyland." I pull Evangeline close, he head resting on my chest.

"Carter, and Reagan," Evangeline lightly touches the plastic surrounding out perfect children.

"That's exactly what I was thinking."