Everything ≠ Nothing

Evangeline~

I don't even know what I want anymore.

I want Grey. I want a break. I want everything and nothing at the same time.

I walk into my office, shaking off any kind of sign that Grey and I just got in an argument.

"Good morning Ms. Wright. You're in early today." Callum smiles, taking a seat across from me.

"Yeah, I left a bit early yesterday so I thought I'd come a bit earlier." I fail to mention that I just need a distraction from my thoughts.

"I see. You're father wants to speak with you when you have a moment."

"Tell him I can now. It's going to be a slow day."

"Alright. I'll be back shortly." Callum leaves. There's tension in the air. I'm sure everyone can feel it.
• • •
Barely three minutes later, my father is sitting across from me. Callum is in the corner, chewing on one of his nails.

"So," He starts. "You're mother told me that you and Grey are an, item, now?"

Fuck is that a loaded statement.

"I wouldn't say that," I say. "I mean not currently, no."

"Did you break up?"

"No. We're just taking a break."

"Well, after a lot of consideration, whatever happens between the two of you isn't my business. Just, be smart Angie. You know I care about you, and don't want to see you get hurt." He hugs me. My father hasn't hugged me in so many years. I want to believe that he did. And I do.

"Dad," I say, just before he can walk out of the door. "I love you." I smile, as does he, and just keeps walking.