Growing up 🦋

~~

Yara blossomed into a stunning, refined, and elegant young woman, showcasing a harmonious blend of her mother's artistic talents and her father's intellect – truly a perfect fusion of exceptional genes.

Imelda fondly referred to her as the "Modern Maria Clara," a vision of grace and poise. Yara's passion for music and the arts was evident as she skillfully played the piano, violin, and cello, and gracefully attended ballet classes. Weekends were dedicated to her involvement at PYSB (Philippine Youth Symphonic Band), where she shared precious moments with her mother, who held a prominent position within the foundation supporting the band.

Alfonso and Luis adored their sister immensely, leaving no stone unturned to shower her with attention and affection. Even during their business trips abroad, they made sure to bring back thoughtful gifts for Yara.

Yara: [amazed] Seriously, Mom? From the time I was just one week old?
Irene: Absolutely, darling. Your Lola Meldy couldn't wait to make you pakilala to the world. [giggled]

Yara's POV
It's incredible to think about all these moments from when I was so little. I can't believe how much love and care I've been surrounded by since day one.

Irene: You've been a precious gift to all of us, little girl. Every day with you has been a blessing, and watching you grow into this amazing young lady fills my heart with so much pride and joy.
Yara: You've always been there, guiding me with your wisdom and sharing your knowledge. I couldn't have asked for better role models.

Greggy: You've made it easy for us, Yara bear. Your determination, kindness, and passion for life inspire us every day. We're the lucky ones to have you as our daughter.
Yara: [blushing] Thanks, Mom and Dad. I couldn't have asked for a more loving and supportive family.

Irene: Just remember, no matter where life takes you, we'll always be here for you. Our love for you knows no bounds, just like Lola Meldy's and the rest of the family.

Yara: I love you both so much and our family [teary-eyed]
Greggy: And we love you, Yara, more than words can express.

As their conversation concluded, the warmth of their bond enveloped them, a reminder of the enduring love and connection that had shaped their lives. Yara carried with her the support of her family and the love that would guide her through every step of her future.

~hours after~

"Alana, pinapatawag ka ni Daddy mo"
Yara: Alright, Nana. Where can I find him?

"He's in his office."
Yara: Thanks, Nana. I'll head there in about five minutes.

-Nana, a beloved and longstanding member of the household, was once Mom's chaperone during her teenage years. She now assists Mom in managing the household and has been living with us ever since.-

Yara: Hi Dad, you wanted to talk to me?
Greggy: Yes, I heard you might be interested in the latest Apple phone. It just got released.

Yara: Oh I heard nga, dad. Well, my current phone is still working well, so I don't need a new one. But thank you for the offer, Daddy! I was actually thinking of donating to my chosen charity instead.

Greggy: That's a thoughtful choice, my unica hija. Your generosity always impresses me. But remember, if you ever do need or want something, just let me know, alright? [plants a gentle kiss on Yara's forehead]
Yara: Of course, Dad!

After their sweet exchange, Yara hugged her father tightly. She then took the opportunity to ask for his assistance with her assessment task, and without hesitation, Greggy jumped in to provide guidance and support.

~~

Greggy sat on the bed, holding his wife's hand as they shared tender moments discussing their beloved daughter.

Greggy: You know, my love, it's truly remarkable how Yara has grown into this remarkable young woman. She's content with what she has and doesn't ask for much, even though she could have the world at her feet.
Irene: [rests her head on her husband's chest] I feel the same way. What did we do to deserve such an extraordinary daughter? Just last week, I overheard her talking to Nana about helping street children, Yara had been buying meals and giving them to kids she encountered on her way to school.

Greggy: Really? She never talks about it, but she's truly an angel in disguise, spreading kindness wherever she goes.
Irene: [sighs] You know, babe, the daughter we yearned for fifteen years ago has turned out to be the most compassionate and generous soul. I love her more than words can express. Even if my pregnancy was risky back then, I wouldn't hesitate to go through it all over again just to have our precious Yara in our lives.

Greggy: [gently kisses Irene's forehead] You're right, love. Yara's presence has brought immeasurable joy and meaning into our world. I wouldn't change a single thing, even if we were to relive those moments.

As they exchanged a loving gaze, their connection deepened, a bond they shared as parents. Their hearts overflowed with gratitude for the daughter who had enriched their lives beyond measure. In the stillness of the night, they found solace in their love for their family.

~~