Elegido 🦋

A few days later, Bong will finally be officially proclaimed together with Sara, the Marcos-Duterte tandem as the leader of the recent presidential election on May 9. Members of Bong's family and colleagues will also come, and all of them will be commemorating their triumph.

Just Irene and Yara can attend since Greggy, who is with his son Luis, has an urgent business to attend to. Imee, meanwhile, has been fulfilling her duties as the chairman of the electoral committee at the Batasang Pambansa since earlier in the day.

Since it was still too early, the mag-ina went to Imelda's house and ate there first. Since there are only a few ballots that haven't been canvassed yet but will be soon completed, they are just waiting for the go signal to go to Batasan.

However, when they arrived, they realized that Bong, Liza, and Simon had previously arrived before them, talking to Imelda.

Irene: Happy day to all! Hola, mommy! *beso* Congratulations, Bonget, our Presumptive President, *beso, grinned, patted him on the back*
Bong: Thank you, Ading! *smiling happily* Hey you, hi my princess! Where's my hug? *cuddle*

Yara: Congratulations Unc! *hugging Bong*
Irene: While we awaited the results of your votes, we didn't sleep.

Bong: I genuinely thank you for backing us, but look at the number of votes we obtained and the turnout! *pleased*
Mama Meldy: About 55 million Filipinos showed up to vote and exercised their democratic right to do so, that's huge, Bongbong

Irene: Imagine becoming the first President and Vice-President to be elected with a majority of the vote in this year's election, is very historic!
Bong: I am aware, "kaya malalim at mabigat ang kahulugan ng proclamation na ito" *beyond thankful*

As they waited for the canvassing of votes to be finished, they chatted and ate together. Then Imelda turned to gaze at Yara while she was eating.

Mama Meldy: Irene, look at your daughter eating, she's so finesse
Irene: *holds her mom's hand* She's just like you mom...

Mama Meldy: Liza, where do you intend to hold Bong's inauguration? Have you already made a plan?
Liza: Ma, we haven't decided yet. Since everyone agreed that it should take place outdoors.

Mama Meldy: Quirino Grand Stand? Don't you like it there, Bongbong?
Bong: I know that place holds a sentimental preference to us, mommy, simply because dad's inaugurals were always there, but we are concerned about the Covid initiatives since quarantine and isolation facilities were installed there.

Yara: However, Tita Mommy said that it is not now being utilized, but considering the Covid optic once again, it is complex, Lola.
Irene: Since there will be so many guests attending, I think we all aim to minimize inconveniences.

Liza: Ma, we just want to keep this confluence of people away from those potential dangers.
Mama Meldy: Certainly, I understand. Any locations works perfectly fine in my opinion, as long as everyone is kept safe. *smiles broadly*

Irene: Yes, mommy. It would be outdoors with a historical area could be a possibility, personally, I'd prefer the National Museum as it has a longstanding legacy as well.
Bong: That's nice Irene! *reminiscing* I used to wait for dad to bring him home before... and I think the National Museum is an ideal location for the inauguration.

Liza: Ime will like that as well as long as we pointed out that it is outdoors; the last time we talked about it, Fort Santiago may have come up, but your suggestion Irene is preferable! *smiles*
Yara: Was the museum, the Old Legislative Building, right? Moreover, it was inaugurated by three Presidents as well, President Quezon, President Laurel, and President Roxas