Casual Day 🦋

~~

The Araneta prefers to stay home and rest because they've been occupied for the past few days and have opted to take a short break in their house. It was still early morning, it was cloudy and rainy, so Greggy and Irene remained in their bedroom, cuddling each other.

Greggy: [cuddling Irene] I miss you, honey
Irene: [smiled, hugs Greggy] Me too, we are so busy lately

Greggy: I know, can we just stay here doing nothing for the day? Just you and me.
Irene[chuckled] Well this time, it'll be just us.

Greggy: [holds his wife's hand] It's been so many years since we've shared our lives, and each year that love grows, even more, Irene.
Irene: [thankful] Again, Giving myself to you was the best decision, I've ever made.

The couple stares lovingly at one other, reminiscing on how swiftly time has passed from when they were newlyweds to having children and perhaps even now that they have grandkids already. Their love for each other grew stronger over time, as did their experiences in life and the countless joys they shared, especially after they were gifted with their three children.

Irene and Greggy decided to go downstairs for breakfast, and as they were walking down, they heard someone playing the piano, and they just stopped and listened to it; it was Yara, who was playing her all-time favorite playlist.

Irene: [amazed] Aww, that's her favorite song
Greggy: And yours too, right?

Irene: I keep hearing her humming that song or one of the songs on her playlists.
Greggy: It's one of her favorites because it's one of yours as well.

Irene: [melancholy feeling] That music always has reminded me of Donna's emotion over how quickly her daughter Sophie is growing up and the absence of time they have spent next to each other, that's why I always make sure to make all the time needed for our daughter so I don't miss her growing.

As the couple nears their daughter, Yara is still playing the piano and singing at the same time, completely unaware that her parents are watching her. While Yara was singing, her dad was taken aback by how enchanting her voice was, as he rarely heard his daughter sing, knowing  Yara's shy and reserved personality.

"Slipping through my fingers all the time I try to capture every minute, the feeling in it, slipping through my fingers all the time. Do I see what's in her mind, each time I think I'm close to knowing? She keeps on growing, slipping through my fingers all the time"

Irene[surprised, proud] Are you awed by your daughter's talent?
Greggy: I am! [smiled proudly]

Irene: Well, She got that from her mom! [winked proudly at Greggy]
Greggy: I enjoy seeing her play instruments, but I love hearing her sing so much more.

Irene: I know, dear, fingers crossed that we always catch her often. [chortles]

Yara had finished singing and playing the piano when Yaya called to tell her that her crepes were ready by the pool. Apart from her room, that's her favorite part of their house, where she can read quite a lot of books or play her violin.

"Alana, ready na yung crepes mo"
Yara: Great, Thank you, Ate!

"Ay, Irene! Greggy! Andyan pala kayo."
Yara: [startled] Mom and Dad? Did you...

Greggy: Hi darling, good morning. [kissed Yara's forehead]
Irene: We've just recently woken up, baby.

Yara: Oh alright, good morning Mom and Dad [hugged them]
Irene: Did you have your breakfast na?