Terno🦋

~~

Irene and Yara were invited to the event of the Cultural Center of the Philippines and BENCH in its very first-year celebration of TernoCon a Terno-making convention and contest. A special show featuring Terno created by 30 contestants from Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao and the award-winning collections of  Terno by JC Buendia for Luzon, Cary Santiago for the Visayas, and Len Cabili for Mindanao.

Irene with her daughter went to her friend who is going to make their Terno a few months ago, and it finished earlier than scheduled, so they are all set for the event they are going to be attending today. They didn't even hire a professional to put make-up on them or even someone to fix their hair since they wouldn't want to put too much product on their faces and want it to look as natural as possible, and Irene likes to let her daughter do her make-up because Cara, Michael's wife, and Xandra have taught her how to do so and get to observe at a young age.

Irene's terno is a combination of golden yellow and dark green, whereas Yara prefers hers to be calm to the eye, thus her hue of choice is simply a natural palette that highlights her skin complexion even brighter.

"Irene, ito na yung mga Filipiniana ninyo, na steam na din yan. "
Irene: [smiled] Great! Thank you, Nana!

"Patingin nga Alana, ang galing talaga mag make-up nitong alaga ko."
Yara: [trying her best to speak Tagalog] Is mom, maganda na, Nana?

"Oo naman, sobrang ganda, Irene"
Irene: [confident] Of course, my makeup artist is so galing kaya and the only one I can entrust my face with. [winked at Yara]

Nana assisted them in changing their clothes and repairing the backside of Yara's terno a little as it had a tiny hole that was not noticed when it was being made but was eventually patched. Greggy entered their dressing room, where his wife and daughter were in there.

Greggy: [speechless] Oh wow, look at these lovely ladies of mine.
Yara: Daddy! [turned around]

Greggy: You're so stunningly gorgeous, hija, [cradled his girl] and mi amore, you're still the most beautiful in my eyes [kissed his wife]
Yara: [mimics Irene] Naks! So corny, Dad!

Irene: [poking fun] Bolero ka talaga Araneta!
Greggy: [smirking] I'm not lying when I say you both look beautiful tonight.

Irene: Look at your daughter, she is absolutely beautiful, stop growing my love, please? [pleading]
Greggy: No need na for makeup koala bear, you are naturally beautiful. [smiled proudly]

Yara: Aww, thanks, mom and dad.
Greggy: Your suitors in the future will need to go through daddy, your two older brothers, your uncles, and cousins ​​first... [raises his brows]

Irene: [teasing Greg] The question is, are you ready for what you're saying Araneta? Because I don't think I will be ready for that.
Greggy: Of course not, our unica hija is still very young, and she is the only girl among our children, so she is precious to all of us. [tightly hugged his daughter]

They finalized their prep and will depart at any time on their route to the event venue. While Greggy was taking pictures of his wife and child together, he was also snapping pictures of Yara to send to his sister Patricia who is repeatedly requesting Yara's photo to see their beloved and favorite niece. They said their goodbyes to Greggy and left early to make it to the event on time. A star-studded evening for many of the invitees were well-known personalities in the country, including some of Irene's friends.