Errands 🦋

~~

The next morning, Yara sat quietly on their patio, engrossed in her book while her parents still slumbered.

Yara's POV
Maybe Mom and Dad are exhausted from looking after me. I'm trying hard to be brave and handle it because I don't want them to worry too much about me. But I'll be fine, and I just want to forget about all this.

Greggy awoke before Irene, decided to check Yara's room. Finding it empty, he quietly composed himself, opting not to wake Irene just yet. His relief was palpable when he spotted his daughter on the patio, immersed in her book. He headed to the kitchen to prepare some coffee and warm milk for her.

Greggy: [calmly] Hija [handed her milk]
Yara: [smiles brightly] Good morning, Dad! Oh wow, thank you, Daddy!

Greggy: You're welcome, Yara bear. What time did you wake up?
Yara: [checking] Around 6:30 am

Greggy: Super early! Are you hungry? How about some French toast?
Yara: Oh!! I'd love that, Dad! [looking forward]

Greggy: Alright, I'll make it for you.
Yara: Can I help?

Greggy: [nodded happily] Of course, my favorite bear!

As they worked together in the kitchen, laughter filled the air. Greggy, it turns out, was quite adept at light-hearted banter. His jokes, even if sometimes corny, never failed to bring smiles to his wife and children.

~~

Irene's POV
What time is it? I had a good night's sleep. It looks like my Greggy and little girl are awake, I can hear their laughter. I'm quite reassured that we are safe here in California, and I truly hope that my daughter is coping well.*

Irene: Good morning, you two! You guys look like you're having so much fun in there!
Yara: Good morning, Mama! [kissed Irene] We're making breakfast.

Greggy: Morning, dear. Have a seat. This will be finished in a minute.
Irene: I feel like I'm a Queen. [happy, contented] I'm super blessed to have you guys.

Yara: You are our Queen, Mommy! [hugged her mom]
Irene: [loving the moment] Oh, my little girl. You're the sweetest ever. Please, never change.

Yara: Of course, Mom! I love you dearly.
Greggy: [jealously joking] And what about me?

Yara: You too, Daddy! [kisses her dad]

They prayed, ate breakfast, and prepared to leave. They were going to buy a bunch of food and take a stroll. They missed walking without anyone recognizing them, and if there were any who did, it was very rare. They felt more at peace doing whatever they wanted without fear.

 They felt more at peace doing whatever they wanted without fear