Ava 🦋

Irene continued to take care of her child Yara so that she could recover quickly and visit Ava; fortunately, and thanks to their mother-daughter conversation late last night, Yara has become better and she simply wants to pay Ava one last visit.

Their daughter's Doctor gave them the go signal to proceed and they allowed Yara to go, along with her parents Irene and Greggy.

Yara: Thank you, Mom and Dad, for permitting me to go to the center and for joining me...
Greggy: Of course, what's a promise if we don't keep it, right?

Irene: And I wanna make it up to you, darling...
Yara: Yes, daddy! No need to make it up to me mom, I love you both

Together, Greggy and Irene kissed their daughter Yara on the cheek while they held her hand,

At the Center

The sadness on Yara's face can still be seen as she clung to her parents, who immediately accompanied her. Sister Ana greeted them and thanked the Araneta family for their assistance with the child's wake.

Irene: Please accept our heartfelt condolences, Sister Ana.

Yara purely hugged Sister Ana and followed her into the room where Ava was. When she saw her, Yara's tears began to flow.

Yara: My poor Ava, rest well our Angel...*sobbing*
Irene: *pats her shoulder* Yar, stop crying, keep in mind you're still recovering, and take it easy, darling.

Yara: I wish I had known about the outbreak that killed this beautiful soul, Sister Ana, and even those kids who had it too.
Sr: I said not to let you know, with the amount of help you and your family have already helped, it's too much already. I just didn't think it would be serious enough that cause Ava's death.

Yara: Sister, you are no different from us, you know that, and even more so from the youngsters here at the center. I hope you won't do it again po. I can't bear the thought of any more children dying here. I did promise you before that we would support the kids here, especially me so that they don't feel like something is lacking from them, and we will fill it up for them.

Sister Ana hugged Yara tightly in response to what she said, as well as her unwavering concern and love for children.

Sr: Did you know that Ava told me that when she grows up, she wants to be like you, exactly like you *chuckle* and she also wants to help others like her who are orphans, similar to what you are doing for them, and that she consistently waited patiently for your return as well as she's very happy when she sees you, that despite the fact that they don't have their real parents, you let them feel and especially her that they are still graced to be here with us, having the love and care of a true sister from you and what a real family should be, that's why I cannot thank you enough, Alana, for everything you have done for all of us.

Yara just teared up at Sister's stories, reminiscing about the days before the pandemic, when she would take the children out of the center and let them run around the parks, allowing them to experience life as normal children.

(Yara's POV)
As I look around at these kids, I recall the beautiful memories we had, like when we were eating at Jollibee and the mascots surprised them, and when they experienced their first time at the adventure park, it was priceless, their every smile and laughter. I miss those times.

When they looked at the child's face, it went cleared up and the doll that Yara had given her remained beside her until the final moments of her life.

Sr: Look at Ava's face, it brightens up. She must be overjoyed you're here, Alana. You know she hugged and hugged the barbie doll you gave her until the very end.
Yara: *weeping* She can now sleep peacefully, Sister.

She speaks in a sweet little voice as she looks at Ava...

Yara: Don't worry, Ava. I will look after all of your loved ones who you have left here, and I thank you for always being kind and sweet to me. I'll never forget you and guide us always, our angel. Ate Yara will be fine. *smiles while holding the casket*

They sat down and talked to Sister and Yara just leaned on her mother while Greggy held her daughter's hand and...

Greggy: You'll be alright, hija. I love you, my brave girl. *kisses his child's hand synchronously*

Greggy knew his daughter had been afraid of caskets and all that stuff, as well as she tried so hard to be okay so that she could see the child she had cared for since the center's founding.

After a few hours of  Yara conversing with the other youngsters, the Araneta decided to leave because many sympathizers were arriving and they needed to be cautious because Yara could have an asthma attack because she wasn't completely fine yet.

And, before they left, she and her mom, Irene, went to see Ava.

Yara: Rest easy my dear sweet Ava, God gained another angel in heaven again, I love you! And you'll always be remembered.

Irene took her daughter, and Greggy gave a cheque to Sister as assistance for Ava's burial and for the children who spent time in the hospital recovering after becoming ill.

Before they even got in the car, Yara felt dizzy from the heat of the sun and the ill feeling she had from last night. Her father knew it right away and managed to hold her before she collapsed their bodyguards assisted Yara to their car, and Irene quickly got in and hold her child and immediately went home.

At Night

They contacted their doctor, who reassured them that their child was fine, it is just possible due to the hot weather.  While Greggy and Irene were looking right at their harmoniously sleeping Yara. Irene sat beside her and hugged her daughter, you could see in her eyes how concerned and affectionate she is of their child.

(Greggy's POV)
When my wife just laid down right in front of me and our daughter without saying a word,  I just stared at her and realized how fortunate we are to have Irene in our lives, I love my woman so much.

The couple exchanged glances and...

Greggy: I love how your eyes shine, honey
Irene: They shine for you, Mr. Araneta...

Irene kissed her husband and held his hand in bed with their daughter Yara between them when she suddenly awoke.

Yara: Mom, can we offer Ava a mass?
Irene: Yes, hija...we can do that.  Actually, tomorrow is Sunday my love, and it's the feast of San Agustin Church too, and I was invited to attend the mass.

Yara: Can I join you, mom?
Irene: Sure baby, mom would be delighted to be with you.

Yara: And mom, thank you for the memorial service you gave for Ava, even though it was at the last minute, We were able to pay tribute to her.

Irene: That's nothing, little girl. I'm sure Ava is looking happy with our Lord, for she is safe now, and all she can feel up there is love. So, can my little Victoria now smile? Let us send Ava to heaven full of praise.

Yara gestured to her mom and hugged her, while also taking her daddy's hand and hugging him.

~end~