Sobreviviente 🦋

(Every 25th of February is a special non-working holiday to commemorate the anniversary of EDSA. Moreover, in this chapter, what exactly is this day mean to the Marcoses and their loyalists)

Irene instructed her staff to purchase fresh flowers from Dangwa for her Garland, which she and her daughter Yara are creating for her father's statue later.

While Irene is waiting for the flowers, she went upstairs to see what she and Greggy would wear.

Irene: Greg, have you seen the pearl necklace that you and Yara got me?
Greggy: Jacjac, put it in your closet in the jewelry box.

Irene: *unlocks the jewelry chest of drawers* I found it! Thank you, my love, should I wear this for later? Is this going to be bagay for me?
Greggy: Everything you wore is all beautiful, darling *walked over to Irene and smooched her*

Irene: Asus, and I'm going to match it with these white pearl earrings.

When everything was in place, the couple did go down afterward. Yara has already been awake and eating breakfast in the garden.

Yara: Good morning, mommy and daddy!

Irene: Oh, my little girl. *hugs her child tightly* Good morning.
Greggy: Good morning, hija *pats his daughter on the back*

Greggy took a seat to read the newspaper, Yara ate, and Irene chatted to her siblings.

The mag-ina started working on the garland for FEM's statue just a few minutes ago.  After an hour of creating it...

Yara: That's incredibly beautiful, Mom... It's impressive.
Irene: Thank you, too, for assisting mom, little girl.

Irene directly sent it to their San Juan residence to be installed on her father's statue. And Yara rushed to her virtual classroom first, while her parents rested in their room.

fast forward

It's four o'clock in the afternoon, they've just finished taking a shower and are getting ready to dress...

Greggy is suited up in a pink polo shirt and gray pants, Irene in a red top and white trousers, and their daughter Yara in a white blazer, a red undershirt, and wide jeans.

Yara: Mom! Do you want to bring this Paloma bag to use? This will go with your current look.
Irene: Sure thing, lovely girl! Thank you so much!

The Araneta family is on their way to Imelda's house to celebrate Loyalista Day; it appears that this will be Yara's first time attending because she was still a kid when she went years back and does not remember much of it...

Greggy: Hija, later. Even though you do not even recognize the individuals there, just let them be and start a conversation, engage, listen to them, and socialize with them, alright?
Yara: Of course, daddy...I know how that actions can bring them so much happiness, and don't worry mom and dad, will do my best to not be shy from now on.