Irene's Day 🦋

~~

Greggy woke up this morning earlier, wondering where Irene was because she wasn't in their room. He headed into Yara's room, expecting his wife to be with their daughter because he knew that since Yara's birth, she was the only person who could surely make all of Irene's anxieties disappear.

Greggy's POV
If I could have all the time in the world to always be at your side and always protect you from people who want to hurt you, I would certainly do that for you. I'll just let them rest and not disturb them because I know they're exhausted from yesterday. I should make breakfast for them and get some bouquets for Irene for today.

Greggy made some phone calls and ordered a flower for his wife while Yara woke up and went directly to his dad to greet him and plan a swift surprise for her mom with her Dad

Yara: [energetic] Good morning, Dad!
Greggy: Good morning, hija! Did you have a good sleep?

Yara: Yes, Mommy is with me.
Greggy: [smiled] I ordered a bouquet for your mom

Yara: Can you order for me as well?
Greggy: Yes, I included yours also there

Yara: That's great, Dad. And, Daddy, I wanted to get Mom a new grand piano; is it possible for us to get one anyway, even though we have only a short time frame?
Greggy: I will make some calls; do you have a preferred brand and size?

Yara: I want sana the Steinway Grand Model O, Dad.
Greggy: Ok baby, wait for a while [made a quick phone call] They have one stock left, hija.

Yara: So they can give it over to us? So like, they can deliver it later today?
Greggy: [nodded] Yes, anytime today.

Yara: [thrilled] Oh my, am so excited for Mommy! What is their mode of payment? and how much is it?
Greggy: It was originally P3.6m, but they discounted it, so it is now P3.5m

Yara: Oh my gosh, Is it okay for me to pay them a cheque? or cash?
Greggy: Cheque will do, bear, and I have a good suggestion that will put us both on the winning side.

Yara: What is it, Dad?
Greggy: Let that piano be our gift to Mom, and I'll share P2.5m, so you'll only have to pay the remaining sum, okay or so okay?

Yara: Are you sure? It's really fine dad, I set the money aside na for it.
Greggy: Just keep it and let me pay my share.

Yara: Am dyahe but thank you, Daddy!!
Greggy: Don't be, welcome baby, let's make your mom happy for today.

Yara: Yes we should make it extra special, she deserves it!

Finally, Greggy and Yara agreed to their plan to buy a new piano and resolved to share the expense, and Irene awoke just in time.

Greggy: Happy birthday to my lovely wife [kissed her and handed the bouquet]
Yara: Mama!! Happy birthday [holding the cake]

Irene: Aww, what a good morning having you two around. Thank you, babe, and my Yara.
Greggy: Let's eat breakfast.

They then eat breakfast prepared by Greggy, and a huge present that would make Irene very happy later will be on its way, without her knowing. The household is busy getting ready for Irene's birthday, which will surely be attended by a few of their family and friends.

Irene's gifts, letters, and flowers to wish her on her birthday are beginning to arrive. While Irene is inside, checking everything, Greggy and Yara head out cautiously to check and receive the piano that they will give as a surprise present to their beloved birthday girl. They made sure that the piano was in good condition and was hidden well so that Irene wouldn't notice it, then went back inside as if nothing had happened.