Agridulce 🦋

While Irene is in the car, Greggy suddenly called her that he and Yara had gone out, it subsequently turned out that Yara had phoned her dad and went to him after leaving Katutubo. That's when Irene sense how upset her daughter was, she realized right once that she had done something serious.

Irene's POV
As I thought back on all that had happened earlier, I realized that I had missed my daughter's remark earlier that I wasn't giving her my whole attention and had even neglected her at one point. She did roll her eyes at me, and I should have listened to her since she doesn't just do that until you don't get what she's saying or invalidate her thoughts.

flashback

While Yara is leaving Katutubo, she rings her daddy Greggy, who promptly returned the call and asked his daughter out. After some time, Yara's driver drove her to where her dad is, and Greg took her little girl on a stroll.

Greggy: Hola, my Yara bear *kiss her forehead* May I take you for a ride?
Yara: *smiled, embraces his dad* Thank you, daddy...

Their driver gave Greggy the car key, and Greggy sent their bodyguards and driver home first, leaving just Yara and him...

~~

As they wandered around, just the mag-ama strolling around the city...

Greggy: So, Sunshine, what happened?
Yara: Mom lost the hanky you gave me and when I asked her about it, she remained silent rather than making an apology.

Greggy: Alright, my sweetie, as for the hanky, that's sort of alright. I've given it to you when you were only seven, and I believe you cherish it greatly. So don't worry, I'll customize it to resemble just like that hanky, we both treasure. You and your mom's relationship are way way more important than that

Yara: But that's from Lolo Luis, dad. I'm after the memories; it is not just a hanky, fingers crossed, she just misplaced it.

Greggy: Your mommy didn't forget that on purpose, I'm sure of it.
Yara: I suppose *shoulders up*

Greggy: *looks at Yara* I know something other than that hanky transpired, what is it, hija?
Yara: Well, I told her that certain people in Katutubo are trailing and checking on her and us, but she just dismissed it. I don't feel safe and I am extremely uneasy.

Greggy: *hold his daughter's hand* I know, sweetheart, I know...

Given everything she went through the previous year, Greggy could tell by looking at Yara's face that she was still struggling to feel at ease and that it was difficult for her to avert being cautious of other people while they were around.

Greggy: Perhaps your mommy was a little distracted earlier with other matters, which is why she unintentionally did not pay attention to what you told her, sweetheart.
Yara: Yet, she encouraged me to tell her if I felt odd, but when I did, she ignored me.

Greggy: Listen to dad, you know that mom subconsciously ignored you without her recognizing, but she doesn't mean it. I know how you felt at the time, and your mom does too. Know that parents can every once in a while can be a little insensitive and overlook the thoughts and emotions their children are expressing, too, parents have lapses as well, my girl. *holds her hand*

Yara: Umm, I just dislike that mama didn't mind how I had been feeling earlier. You know that I do not even believe, but I did roll my eyes at her, but I didn't mean to.
Greggy: *giggled* Sure, you're truly your mom's daughter and arguably Imee's niece because she always does that to everyone, you know.