Reunión 🦋

The Marcoses were invited to the reunion of Mama Meldy's side of the Romualdez family, but Bong and Imee were both unable to attend due to their respective commitments—Bong is campaigning, while Imee has been working in the Senate. Thus, only Mama Meldy and Irene's family will be present.

Irene got ready early since Mama Meldy said she wished to go early so she could attend the mass and since they are usually time conscious since Manila traffic is notoriously severe. They don't want to get delayed in traffic. The get-together will take place at a Golden Bay Seafood restaurant in Pasig.

Yara: Mom, Ands just called, Ahia said they'd meet us at the venue...
Irene: Alright, Mommy is on her way, are you ready? Dad and I are good to go.

Yara: Yes, mommy! Can you fix my hair in the car?
Irene: Sure thing, little girl! Let's go now.

They came down holding hands, While Greggy was already in the car, Irene combed her daughter Yara's hair as they stepped in, and Luis and Xandra also called to say they were on their way.

It's "R" Day! is the name of the reunion. Mama Meldy's family wore red, and they were all dressed according to the colors of their family branches! When they got there, they immediately walked to the registration area.

 Mama Meldy's family wore red, and they were all dressed according to the colors of their family branches! When they got there, they immediately walked to the registration area

Greggy: Hija, you won't like what am seeing...
Yara: My goodness, an antigen swab? *spooked*

Irene reassured her daughter once more about getting a swab and that they will swab her gently...

Irene: That's alright, little girl, mom is here! It won't hurt at all
Greggy: She's too nervous, so please be gentle; every swab was exactly like this, talking her out first

To prove to their daughter that the nurse entrusted to the swabbed area does not hurt to swab.

The two first came forward... a few minutes, done!

Greggy: See, sunshine, it doesn't hurt even a bit!
Irene: It doesn't feel anything, Mom will hold you, come now, little girl... *with her sweetest and softest voice*

Next to her parents, Yara just calmed herself by holding Irene's hand as she always does. She then swabbed slowly and carefully.

(Well, folks, she was scared of receiving a swab because a nurse once inserted a little too far and it was very painful; this is why Irene and Greggy needed to sit and talked her throughout each swab they do)

Nurse: It's all negative, thank you for trusting me *smiled*
Yara: Thank you for being gentle, Nurse! *smiled and bowed*

Irene and Greggy also smiled at her and patted their daughter's back, consoling her for being brave once more! Upon entering the venue, Andy immediately ran to his grandparents and kissed them.