Temor 🦋

~~

Today, Irene and her friends eagerly set out for their long-overdue visit to Joel's place in Lipa Batangas, a plan that had been brewing since before the pandemic. It was a cherished opportunity to reconnect with their group of friends.

Before setting off, Irene gently approached her daughter, a warm smile on her face

Irene: *tenderly* Sweetie, are you certain you won't come along with Mom? *bunny smile*
Yara: *nodding* Yes, mama. The girls are excited about our get-together and there's some shopping on the agenda too.

Irene: *soft kiss on Yara's cheek* Alright, my love. Have a wonderful time with your friends. Don't forget to update me, okay?
Yara: I promise, Mom. Have a blast with your friends too. I love you, Mama.

Irene: And I love you more than words can say, my darling.

With a final embrace, Irene left early, bidding goodbye to Greggy and Yara, eager to make the most of their precious time with her friends on this day trip.

Yara didn't accompany her mom as she had plans to spend time with her friends—it was Saturday, after all. She had received permission from her parents, and with her bodyguards in tow, they could ensure her safety.

As Yara met up with her friends in Makati, they suddenly decided to go elsewhere, as the city was bustling, and they wanted to unwind in a quieter place.

~Yara talking to Greggy on the phone~

Greggy: Have you tried reaching out to your mommy for permission?
Yara: I tried to call Mom, but she's not picking up the phone. Please Dad, can you allow me? Besides, it's Misha's place.

Greggy: That's quite a long drive, hija. Who will you be with?
Yara: Aton will be with me too. Tita Small has already given her approval. Please, dad? *pleading*

Greggy: Alright, my bear. Keep me updated and send a message to your mommy, the signal might be pretty bad there.
Yara: *jumps for joy* So that means I can go!? Thank you, Daddy! I owe you today. I love you, dad!

Greggy: Daddy loves you too, hija. Please be extra cautious, or we'll face your mommy's wrath.
Yara: I will! Thank you again, Dad!

Yara was overjoyed that her dad granted her permission. Since Irene hadn't responded to Yara's calls and texts, Yara and her friends hastily chose their outfits at the mall and set off for La Union to enjoy some time at her friend's beach house.

~~

Irene relished her brief but delightful trip with friends, exploring organic food and indulging in impromptu plant shopping.

As noon approached, she noticed a string of missed calls from Yara. Her attempts to call back went unanswered. When she reached out to Greggy, he was in a business meeting

"What's the fuss, Irene? Let's take a picture first before digging in!"
Irene: *posed for the camera* Well, my little girl was trying to reach me, but I didn't pick up.

"Let your girl enjoy with her friends, girl!"
Irene: I don't know, I get super uneasy when I don't see her.

Irene's heart pounding with a mix of worry and anticipation. However, her attempts to reach her daughter were met with silence, leaving a lingering unease in the pit of her stomach.

"You're such a momma to your daughter."
"The mom mode, being away from her unica hija"

"Well, you're really lucky there, Irene! You're so close!"
"Almost every time you go out, she's with you."