The Return 🦋

It's four o'clock in the morning, and everybody is ready to go to the airport as they have a 14-hour flight back to the Philippines that will land in Manila around 7 p.m. since their scheduled flight is nonstop for much less fuss and bustle.

They greeted each other, Luis hugged his younger sister Yara and Xandra pinched her cheeks as she is always giggly when she sees her, Irene and Greggy kissed and held their grandkids while checking out of their hotel and going straight to their boarding gate.

They were already inside the plane side by side, Yara in the window seat, Irene in the middle, and Greggy in the aisle seat sitting. While Luis was sitting in front as well as their children and their two house-help.

Irene got up from her seat and went to her crying grandson Max, where she spoke to him and tried to calm him down

Irene: Max, look, there are a lot of people, they're tired and want to sleep, don't cry na, Baba will buy you a lot of toys and books when we arrive in MNL and also Kuya Thiago too, how does that sound to you?
Max: *wipes away tears* Okay, Baba. s-sorry.

Irene: *hugged him and uttered* No need to apologize, Maxi, just listen to mom and dad and Yaya, alright?
Max: *nods*

Xandra gestured to Irene and mouthed but not spoken... "Thank you, mom"

and Irene simply winked and smiled as she returned to her seat with Greggy and Yara.

She then noticed her drowsy daughter tilting against the window, so she tapped her and slowly rested her head against her chest to make her little girl comfier.

While Irene was embracing her sleeping daughter as they had a long journey ahead of them and just having a conversation with her husband.

Irene: Honey, do you think we'll be alright once we get back?
Greggy: I promise you, darling, we will.

Irene: Thank you, honey, for always securing me and our family since then. I could never have done and lived a life without you.

Greggy: You'll always be my uno, mi amore
*he kisses his wife's hand as she rested her head against his shoulder*

Yara, who was half asleep, suddenly asked her parents...

Yara: Mom, Dad, what does "uno" means?
Greggy: That means only one, hija.

Irene: That was your daddy's one of the many term of endearment to me, my love.
Yara: and you're still forever daddy's uno, mama.