El Fin 🦋

~~

After a week of gradually settling Yara's preparations for school in America, the Aranetas returned to the Philippines to attend to their respective commitments. Greg attended to his responsibilities at his company, while Irene took care of personal errands, attended events she was invited to, and more.

After a few months of fulfilling their duties, they returned to California for the holidays, as they do every year. The Aranetas were invited to lunch with their fellow Filipino friends for a mini-gathering and casual conversation.

During this gathering, someone was doing a live stream while everyone engaged in random conversations. Irene noticed it, and suddenly...

Irene: [asking]  "Video?... Wag nalang..."
"Wag ka na mag video"

Irene: "Are you gonna post?..." [begging] "Please don't. Thank you!!"

Irene ask politely to turn the video down, and quip...

Irene: [softly] "Because...I'm so overexposed" "Am not naman doing anything that deserves air"

After the live ended, Irene got an apology for it, and she shared...

"I just have to address it because it's not only me who is overexposed, but my family as well. Especially my children; my youngest is not comfortable, crying and begging me, it broke my heart to see her like that. It's just sad because people have invaded our personal life and privacy so much that we are no longer comfortable."

~~

Flashback months ago, Imelda and Irene urgently requested to reclaim some of their declared 'ill-gotten' properties.

Yara, feeling alarmed, initiated a conversation with her mom about it as it became another source of struggle for her at school.

Yara: Mommy, can't we reconsider dropping this ill-gotten wealth claim? We're living comfortably even without it, and I hate seeing you and Lola go through all this. Can't we just live in peace without dragging this matter along?

Irene: Darling, it's not that simple. We need to clear our name and make things right.
Yara: But Mom, we have more than enough. Why not just live our lives without this burden? I can't take the judgment and bullying at school. Can't we just be a normal family?

Irene: We have responsibilities, sweetheart. We can't ignore the truth. It's about integrity and doing what's right.
Yara: [frustrated] But Mama, what about to live peacefully? Isn't that right, too?

Irene: Of course, living peacefully matters, but dropping the claim might not solve everything.
Yara [exasperated] I don't want people to judge us or make fun of me at school. Can't we find another way without going through all of this?

Irene [pausing] My love, I know it's tough for you. But sometimes, doing the right thing is hard.
Yara: [pleading] Can't we at least consider it? Please, Mom, I just want peace, why does doing the right thing have to be this complicated?

Irene, concluding their conversation with her daughter, remarked,

Irene: We need to give it a try, little girl. We've already gone through the process at Sandiganbayan; dropping it now isn't an option.