Episodes🦋

~~

-a short and quick chapter-

It's been a few days since the Aranetas arrived in the United States, and while Yara has been doing well there, she has been experiencing terrible nightmares for several days. As a result, Greggy and Irene are still worried and uneasy, and they have been consulting their physician about it.

Greggy: [worried] What did Dra say?
Irene: She mentioned that nightmares aren't entirely preventable and that Yara's emotions might be triggering them.  [sad] It's been happening for three consecutive days now.

Greggy: Our daughter must be going through a lot. Her mind must be racing with everything that's happened.
Irene: [nodding] Yes, honey, it's heartbreaking to see her like this. Dra suggested medication to help her sleep better. Let's make sure to do that for our baby. [concerned]

Greggy: I'll go get the medication first thing tomorrow morning. When I spoke to her the other day, she was terrified by her dreams, given what she's been through.
Irene: Our poor only girl... I just want her to find peace again soon. [sighs] We'll be with her through this, no matter what, right honey? [gentle smile]

~~

3 days ago

Greggy stirred in the darkness, a knot of worry tightening in his chest. He tiptoed to the kitchenette, but his thoughts lingered on Yara. Unable to resist, he peeked into her room, and his heart sank at the sight of her tossing and turning, lost in a nightmare.

Greggy: [whispering] Yara, wake up. [gently shaking her shoulder] It's just a bad dream,sweetheart
Yara: [eyes fluttered open, wide with fear] Dad!

Greggy: [pulling her close] It's okay. I'm here. Tell me what you saw.
Yara: [tearfully] He... he was there again, Daddy. The man who... who took me.

Greggy's heart ached at her distress. Sitting beside her, he pulled her into a tight embrace, his voice a soothing balm in the darkness.

Greggy: [voice trembling] Oh, my bear... I'm so sorry you had to go through that. But listen to me, it was just a dream. You're safe now, I promise. [calming his daughter] I'm here, Yara. You're safe with, dad.
Yara: [clinging to him] I'm scared, Daddy.

Greggy: [stroking her hair] I know, sweetheart. But I'm right here with you. And I won't let anything happen to you, not in your dreams or anywhere else.
Yara: [sniffling] Thank you, Daddy.

They talked until the early hours, Greggy listening as Yara poured out her fears. Slowly, her trembling subsided, replaced by a sense of peace in her father's arms.

Greggy: [tightening his embrace] Always, Yara. Always. Now, let's talk until you feel better. And remember, the sun will rise soon, chasing away all thats been scarying. You'll see. you will be fine.

Yara: [nodding, finding comfort in his words] Okay, Daddy.

As dawn broke, Yara's breathing grew steady, her features softening in sleep. With a tender smile, Greggy tucked her in, brushing a kiss against her forehead before slipping away. Returning to their room, Greggy sighed heavily. The weight of his daughter's nightmares hung heavy on his shoulders, but in the stillness of the night, he found comfort in the knowledge that she was safe, if only for now.

~~

2 days ago

Greggy, exhausted from a long day of work, had drifted into a deep slumber, the weight of the paperwork and stress of the day fading away with each sip of wine. Meanwhile, Yara and Irene, after a hurried bath and change into pajamas, sought solace in the embrace of sleep.

In the dead of night, Irene was jolted awake by Yara's anguished cries piercing the silence of the house. Panic clawed at her chest as she rushed to her daughter's room, her heart pounding with fear.

Yara: [frantically] Mommy!! Mommy!! No, please, [breathing heavily] I want my mommy, give me back to her! [sobs]

Irene's heart shattered at the sight of her daughter's distress. She enveloped Yara in her arms, feeling her own tears spill as she whispered soothing words of comfort.

Irene: [voice quavering] Mommy's here, my love. Stop crying now, Mommy's here. [tears streaming down her face] I won't let anyone take you away from me. It hurts me so much to see you like this. I'm sorry I can't make it stop. [voice trembling with frustration]
Yara: [clung to Irene] Mom, please, I just want it to end. [sobbing uncontrollably]

Yara buried her face in her mother's embrace. With trembling hands, Irene reached for the bottle of melatonin, offering it to Yara as a beacon of hope in the midst of her despair.

Irene: You're safe now, little girl [hugging her tightly] Take this, my love [voice suffused with tenderness] It might help you sleep peacefully tonight. And if it doesn't, we'll try something else. We'll do whatever it takes to help you find peace, my darling.

Yara: I'm just so tired of these nightmares. [voice filled with exhaustion] I'm sorry for all the trouble, Mom. I know you've been worried about me since we moved here. [sadness evident in her face]

Irene: [gently smiled] Sweetheart, never apologize for needing us. Dad and I loves you very much, you are never a burden, you are our greatest joy. We've longed for you for years, and we'll always be here for you. [kissed Yara's forehead]

Yara: [nodded] Thank you, Mommy. I love you both so much. [thankful]
Irene: [affectionate] I love you more than anything, my little girl. You're our world and our reason for everything.

With gentle kisses and whispered assurances, Irene cradled her daughter in her arms, the warmth of her love radiating from her every touch. As Yara drifted off to sleep, cocooned in her mother's embrace, Irene vowed to protect her precious daughter.

~~