Apreciar 🦋

~~

Note: Apologies, dear TGF fam, for the short break. Life got a bit hectic. Happy to share a new update today. Thanks for your patience and continued support. For now, this will be the update – a little joy to your day (?), with hopes of more chapters to follow in the pipeline.

Happy reading - Ysabelle 🤍✨🦋🧚

~~

The following day, Yara received a call from her Uncle Bong, who informed her about the discussion he had with her mom the previous night. The news left young Araneta shocked, struggling to believe what she was hearing.

Yara: *shocked* Are you sure, Unc?
Bong: Yes, princess. I already talked to your mom and she told me to share it with you myself.

Yara: *cracked voice* Thank you, Unc. For the last time, I can pay my respects to the Queen.
Bong: Send our family's deepest condolences, sweetheart. We'll see you in America afterward.

The call was short but as meaningful as Bong's words were for Yara. Irene and Greggy exchanged smiles with their daughter, knowing that Yara found comfort in that call.

Not long after, Irene sought help from Yara to decide what they would wear to Westminster Abbey, where Queen Elizabeth's main funeral service would take place.

Irene: Should Pepito's Filipiniana be suitable for the Queen's funeral, honey? What do you think?
Yara: The black one? Yes, Mama! You can add a veil and wrap to make it more formal.

Irene: That's a nice suggestion. Perhaps I can ask Pepito if he can make one for me.
Yara: He sure can, Mama. How about for Daddy?

Irene: For the lying-in-state, he will just wear a suit. But for the funeral, he will wear a white barong.
Yara: Alright, but Dad should have a black cloth, maybe on his arm, right, Mom?

Irene: Yes, darling, I will ask Pepito to add that to your Dad's sleeve.

After Irene went to see Pepito to make minor adjustments to their clothes, Yara turned to her dad, Greggy, for help in planning a simple yet sweet birthday surprise for her mom.

Yara: Dad, I was thinking of preparing a little surprise for Mom's birthday. What do you think?

Greggy smiled, appreciating Yara's thoughtful gesture.

Greggy: That's a wonderful idea, my bear. What are you thinking?
Yara: Maybe a cozy family dinner at home? I can cook her favorite dishes, and we can have a small celebration together.

Greggy nodded, fully on board with the plan.

Greggy: That sounds perfect. What can I do to help?
Yara: Well, you can keep Mom busy or take her out for a while. I'll handle the decorations and cooking.

Greggy: *chuckled, liking the surprise* Consider it done, my Yara. We'll make sure Mom has a birthday she won't forget.
Yara: *with a grin* And the best part, her babies will be complete, will be there to celebrate with her.

As Yara and Greggy shared ideas and planned the surprise, the anticipation of bringing joy to Irene on her birthday, surrounded by the warmth of family, filled the air with excitement.

~~

Fast forward to Irene's birthday. As Irene woke up on her special day, she was greeted with a tender kiss from Greggy, filling the morning with love.

Greggy: Happy birthday, my love.

Just as they shared this sweet moment, the bedroom door burst open, and Yara came running in, eyes sparkling with excitement.