Niña 🦋

~~

The morning cradled the Aranetas in its gentle embrace as Irene, Greg, and Yara wandered through their tranquil neighborhood. Dew-kissed leaves whispered secrets of the dawn, guiding them to the Polo Club.

This morning held a silent plea for connection, a yearning lost in their busy lives. At Cogon, the aroma of fresh coffee and morning delights enveloped them in warmth.

Irene: How I miss our early morning walks, dear.
Greg: *holding Irene's hand* Me too, it's so quiet, just us three. I miss the boys too.

Yara: Why don't we do this more often, Mom and Dad? I miss this.
Irene: *feeling a tinge of sadness* This is how it is, honey when our kids have their own lives. No more simple bonding like this.

Conversations flowed, wrapped in tender sentiments lately.

Greggy: Yara bear, please stay with us a little longer.
Irene: How time flies little one, just a few months left. You'll be leaving us, little girl. I don't think I'll ever be truly ready for you to go.

Yara broke the emotional atmosphere for her parents. Although she was also sad, she felt the need to cheer them up.

Yara: *feeling sad for her parents* Hey, Mom and Dad, we can always cherish every moment before I leave, right? Besides, I can come back when school breaks start.
Irene: Home will never be the same without you guys, especially you, my girl.

Yara: *holding back tears* I wish I could freeze time, just for a while.
Greg: We do too, sweetheart. It's hard to imagine the house without your laughter.

Yara hugged her parents tightly, especially Irene. She wasn't sure if it was her parents' subtle way of asking her to reconsider not studying abroad and staying closer to them, or if they were just feeling sentimental about another child leaving again to pursue their careers and lives away from them.

~~

As they sat down to enjoy their meal, Yara's eyes sparkled with wonder, the atmosphere was filled with warm reminiscence as Yara's parents shared tales of her early days.

Irene: *nostalgic* We're all in blue today, something we used to do every time we went out.
Yara: Right! You showed me pictures too, mama! What was my first word, Mom?

Irene: *chuckling* Oh my love, your dad was so jealous because your first word was "mama" *laughing*
Greggy: And I couldn't help but think that we were always together when you were little, but you didn't mention me for a moment...

Yara: *laughing* Really? Was I a crybaby?
Irene: You were so quiet, my darling. Unlike your older brothers, who were quite the opposite.

Yara: *curious* Was I chatty as a toddler?
Greggy: Oh, you were, Yara bear! So quick to learn, it was amazing.

Irene: At two, you communicated so well! I wonder why you're quieter now, you used to be quite the most daldal, little one.
Greggy: Those moments were a joy, my bear. You even answered in full sentences.

Yara: Talking to adults at two seems advanced, doesn't it? That's crazy, Mom and Dad!
Greggy: We never used baby talk with you, hija.

Irene: And just a few months later, you were walking. It was a joy watching you grow.
Greggy: Your mom even shed a tear when she saw you take your first step! *teasing Irene*

Yara: What!? *laughing* Maybe it's because my parents are smart, that's why I developed quickly.
Irene: *smiling warmly* Well, we'd like to think so, but you've always had a special way of understanding things, darling.