Papá 🦋

~quick and short chapter~

Weeks passed and Greggy's birthday is fast approaching, So Irene and Yara had an idea to surprise him but they knew that he wanted it to be exclusive with not many guests and just have a simple dinner perhaps at their residence, quiet and intimate one with no much noise and fuss.

The mother and daughter planned to surprise their beloved Greggy after work when he came home from their company because he was also busy checking out papers to be forwarded for filing.

Yara: Mom, should we cook instead for daddy? And just eat here at home?
Irene: That would be lovely, my baby. Dad will love that idea!

They had planned a supper for Greggy's birthday. If you didn't know, Irene is a great cook, and for the record, so are her two other siblings! Yara has also picked up her mom's cooking skills.

fast forward

Irene greeted Greggy as soon as he opened his eyes. He then gave Irene a passionate kiss while smiling broadly.

Irene: Happy birthday, dear... *smooches*
Greggy: I'm truly thankful to have you by my side as I celebrate my birthdays, mi amor. Thank you so much...

As they were fondling and kissing, Yara knocked on the door and rushed in, cutting short the asawa lambingan moments between the two Aranetas.

Yara: Happy birthday my daddy! * tightly embraces him*
Greggy: Thank you our sunshine.

Yara hugged both her parents at the same time, and Irene and Greggy just looked into each other's eyes, expressing happiness and gratitude...

Greggy: The two most important women in my life. *kissed his mag-ina on the forehead"
Irene: You should go home early later, Gregorio. Take note of the time! *raises eyebrows and smirks*

Yara: Yes, dad! You should! *excited* Mom and I will cook for your birthday dinner later!
Greg: Of course! I will go home early...

Irene: Gosh, you shouldn't have work today, because it's your birthday! *softly said*
Greggy: Mrs. Araneta, this won't take long; all I need to do is sign and go over a few pieces of paperwork.

Greggy hugged and held Irene as she laughed a bit, she knew that Greggy is really needed in their businesses and had always been very hands-on, while Yara just simply smiled at her parents...

fast forward

Greggy has already left their house and gone to work, leaving Irene and Yara to prepare their food for dinner tonight, which is one of their bonding activities.

Irene: I always love it when you're helping me, little girl.
Yara: As well as me too, mom, I get to learn a lot from you!

Irene: In all fairness to you, I also gained new knowledge. It's nice to have a daughter talaga, excuse to your brothers but children whose girl always stays close to their parents, especially with mom *snuggled her daughter*

Yara: Of course, mom! I cherish every moment I spend with you. You and my brothers have your moments, but duuhh I bet ours are the best! *giggles*
Irene: *whispered* And my personal favorite too!

They both laughed as they prepared the ingredients and planned what they would do next, trying to organize everything and not forget anything.

Irene has been chopping the ingredients when Yara suddenly said...