Supper 🦋

A few days before the election, Imelda invited a supper for her family in San Juan. All of her children were there, as well as an opportunity for some catching up.

Greggy was expected to meet them after work at Imelda's house, so Irene waited for her daughter Yara to finish her class before they headed straight there. Imee will depart after her senate meeting, and Liza will arrive ahead of Bong because he needs to finish his campaigning before visiting their mother, Imelda.

When Irene and Yara arrived at Imelda's home, the first lady's staff welcomed them right away and went straight to Imelda's room where she closely watched Bong's campaigns almost every day. As a result, she also commented on Bong's campaigns every day and informed either Irene or Imee if Bong didn't return their calls, who would then advise their brother.

Irene left Yara with her mommy to buy something for a while so Yara was left behind her grandma and they talked together while watching Bong's campaign videos

Yara: Lola, did you see Uncle Bong's campaign when he was pelted with flyers?
Mama Meldy: Was that the opposing party's supporters, as I think I remembered?

Yara: You're correct, Lola! When we watched it, I immediately felt bad for Unc! However, he maintained his positivity, grinned, and that was when Kuya Vinny was there too.
Mama Meldy: Yes. I just seemed to recall that it took place in Bacolod, apo.

Yara: Mom and I saw the lady's post where she stated that the people who tossed the flyers at Unc were only practicing their right to free speech and that the person who pushed them was Unc's bodyguard.
Mama Meldy: However, I saw the video, and there was no shoving. Of course, the guards would block those individuals because they could be hit by passing vehicles.

Yara: I concur with you, Lola! But they should have let the caravan cross if they don't like Uncle Bong. But, Mom and Tita Momma spoke, Unc even signed the fliers and threw them casually on the road while grinning. *giggling*
Mama Meldy: Liza, told me as well, I even noticed Bong's scars, but he assured me that he is well.

Yara: Other than that, when someone also twisted Unc's hand, and when Mom saw that, she broke down in tears as she felt awful about how some other people had treated Unc. You can see from his reactions how painful it was, and some even splashed water on him during the campaign, and to top all those are cursing he had gotten.

Mama Meldy: Well, apo. Instead of us reacting negatively, somehow we should try to understand them; if we can bear it, go; instead, simply let them be. We should always be the bigger person because we are all fine, and so is Bong, so there is no need to stir trouble. Instead, we will pray for them *beaming*

Yara: That's just how life is for us, Grandma, as Mommy Irene always had to say.
Mama Meldy: True, but aren't we still blessed? Bless for we have a family, who, we can always lean on and how supportive one can be from the other.

Yara: Yes, and that's what matters most, Lola!

Irene halted their conversation when she arrived, she had to pick up some goodies that Ana, Yara's godmother, had given them from Wildflour.

Irene: Little girl, Tita Ana gave you your favorites randomly out of the blue as she misses you.
Yara: Oh wow! I'll give her a call. I can't wait to eat those pastries with Tita Ana's garlic-parsley butter, what a wonderful combination, mama!

Irene: She insisted on having it delivered, but I told her that because it was close by and so dyahe na, I would be picking it up myself.

Yara also let Mama Meldy taste some of her favorite Wildflour pastries, which Imelda also enjoyed. They just pleasantly ate and chatted while they awaited the arrival of the others.