Unforseen 🦋

~~

Yara asked her parents if she could go to ISM for a while to pick up the activities needed for her modules, as well as to obtain her validated school identification for the year. They consented, and her mom accompanied her to school before going to Solaire to pick up their new suitcases from Rimowa.

When they arrived at Yara's school, they were promptly allowed inside and went to the ICT department for her ID. There, they were greeted and hugged by some faculty and staff because she hadn't been there for almost three years since the pandemic began.

"Alana! Am so glad you visited today!" [hugging Yara]
Yara: Teacher Tracy!

[cheerful] "Hi Mrs. Araneta!"
Irene: [waved] Hi Ms. Tracy

" You can proceed to the ICT na po"
Yara: Oh alright, thanks, cher Tracy!

"Welcome Lana!"
"Hi Alana, You can proceed to the dressing room to change your school uniform. And, you can write your full name on the whiteboard as well."

Yara: Hola...[waving] Oh right, okay thank you!
Irene: [affectionate] Come, my love. I will help you

Yara: Okay mama! [smiles]
Irene: [proud] Napintas my little girl!

Yara: [beaming] Aww, got it from you!
Irene: I will write your name, fix your uniform first.

Yara: Thank you, mommy!
Yara: [serious] Mommy, I have something to tell you.

Irene: [attentive] What is it, my love?
Yara: [nervous] Mom, did you notice that when we arrived at the school, two strange men were staring at us, and they didn't look away until we stepped inside

Irene: [alarmed] What? Where did you happen to see them? Darling, you didn't tell me immediately...
Yara: [anxious] Because I'm not certain if they were sketchy, baka they just recognized you or were curious that there's security personnel coming in or what.

Irene: [cautiously] Possible, but we won't be complacent, because the campaign period is already underway, and we do not even know what to expect, so your dad is worried if you'll go somewhere alone, will heads up the security personnel for a while, just wait here and take your photo I'll be back, stay here! [worried]

Irene left Yara first to inform security of what her daughter had noticed and to ask questions about whether they had observed any suspicious people.

Irene: [urgently] My daughter observed two strange men. Could you please check outside and confirm?
"Ma'am, sabi po nung guard sa labas kanina pa nga daw po may mga nagpabalik-balik na sasakyan sa labas"

Irene: [bobbing] Right after we entered the school? So Yara was right?
"Opo ma'am, tapos may nagtanong din po sa kanila kung magtatagal ba daw kayo sa loob"

Irene: [alarmed] Oh my goodness, did they get the name or at least identify those?
"Naka masks daw po ma'am, umalis naman na daw po agad."

Irene: How did they know na will be here today?
Bodyguard: Na check na daw po ma'am, wala na yung dalawang lalaki

Irene: [pleading] Please, please, please be vigilant. Inform them that we will be departing soon.
"Sige po Ma'am Irene!"

Irene returned inside to fetch Yara, She didn't tell her daughter about the strange actions so she wouldn't be alarmed, but deep down Irene was seriously concerned since she couldn't verify if it was safe for them to exit the building and if they were safe or otherwise.