Chapter Forty Eight ;; New Life

SETH'S POINT OF VIEW

We arrived to the hospital and I was in full panic. Leah was in such pain and nothing I did could ease it. I hated not being able to take her pain away.

I picked her up once again and she lied her head on my chest as she held on to me by wrapping her arms around my neck. She was in tears from the pain and kept saying things like "it hurts." I didn't really know how to respond or what to do, I felt horrible and useless.

As we approached the automatic, glass, entrance doors, Dean rolled a wheel chair up to us and I helped Leah sit down in it. I then proceeded to push her inside the hospital where we were met by nurses who immediately admitted her to a room.

LAYLA'S POINT OF VIEW

I arrived at the hospital as quickly as I could. Roman had called me nearly thirty minutes ago telling me Leah was in labor. Upon arriving, I was directed to her room by a nurse.

Leah was on the bed, laying on her side, while Seth was standing next to her bedside, holding her hand. I looked farther into the room and noticed Dean and Roman who were sitting next to each other in chairs. They appeared to be having some kind of conversation.

I ran to Roman, sat on his lap, and gave him a kiss.

"Hey Ro Boo!" I greeted Roman.

"Hey baby girl." Roman greeted me back.

"Where's Deanyboo's kiss?" Dean jokingly asked.

Roman and I laughed as the doctor walked in the room to check on Leah.

"Leah, you're ready to start pushing." The doctor assured Leah. She then looked at us and said, "All of you must go, unless Leah says you can stay."

Me, Roman, and Dean started to walked out, but Leah said, "Dean, Roman, you guys can stay."

That instantly pissed me off. For starters I thought I was like Leah's best friend and Roman definitely not staying in here. "Roman's coming with me!" I demanded, yanking on his arm a little.

"Roman and Dean are their Uncle's, so I want them to stay," Leah declared.

"Well Roman isn't staying!" I said rudely before Roman and I exited the room.

DEAN'S POINT OF VIEW

Honestly Layla was being a bitch, but I decided to keep my cool as her and Roman left the room. I sat back down in the chair I had been sitting in. As I sat down, the doctors started to direct Leah to push.

I personally felt bad for her, I hated Leah being in pain and knowing that Seth was bothered by it annoyed me too.

"I can't do this" Leah said to Seth.

"Yes you can baby." Seth encouraged her as he held her hand. To be honest I haven't seen him let go of her hand since we've been here.

All of a sudden, Leah let out a piercing scream. "STOP PUSHING LEAH!" The doctor yelled. At the same time she yelled for Leah to stop I saw blood and I instantly shot up, out of my seat.

"What's going on?" I questioned.

"She's hemorrhaging, the doctor started to explain, we need to do an emergency cesarean."

Seth and I looked at each other and all we could sense was worry in each others eyes as Leah begun to cry.

They started to wheel Leah out of the room and one of the nurses motioned Seth to follow her.

SETH'S POINT OF VIEW

I was overwhelmed and going crazy over all this shit that was happening way too fast. I never been through anything like this before, so I was just trying my best to understand what was expected of me.

The nurse had given me these scrubs that I had to put on, in order to join Leah in the operating room. I wanted nothing more to be at her side, so I just put them on and allowed the nurse to direct me to where Leah was.

Once I got in the room, they had already prepped Leah for the surgery. I quickly walked up to her side and clutched her hand. The doctors then proceeded the operation.

It was just a few minutes until I heard a baby's cry. The doctor lifted the baby up, over the curtain that seperated us from them.

"Baby A is a boy." the doctor announced as I took my first look at my son. I couldn't help but smile and cry tears of joy.

Just then, I heard some more cries. "Baby B is a girl." The doctor announced once again, raising her up. I continued to cry tears of joy as I looked down at Leah who was unresponsive. I instantly freaked out as the doctors starting demanding things in a language I couldn't understand, along with some loud alarm going off.

"What's going on!?" I hollered, demanding an answer.

"Sir, you have to come with us now." a nurse, firmly said.

I ignored her for a few moments before she added, "please don't make us call security."

I kissed Leah's forehead before exiting the room in tears.

"We need you to go wait in our waiting room, a doctor will be out to see you with more information." a nurse explained.

"What about my babies?" I asked.

"The doctor will give you that information as well." she answered.

I didn't know how to take anything she was saying to me, I just wanted Leah and my babies to be okay.

ROMAN'S POINT OF VIEW

Dean, Layla, and I were sitting in the waiting room. Dean and I were restless and dying to find out information. It probably had barely been a half hour, but it felt like hours had passed.

Finally we saw Seth walking up to us, but to our surprise he looked distraut, not like a new, happy father.

"What's wrong bro?" I questioned him.

He ran one of his hands through his hair and started to explain, "Leah was unresponsive and they made me leave the room, without telling me anything."

"What about the babies?" Dean asked.

"The delivered them, a boy and girl, but I don't know.. They seemed to be okay, but they wouldn't let me go to the nursery with them." Seth explained, sounding more and more frustrated with every word.

Dean and I both consoled Seth as he sat down, putting his head in his hands.

A few moments later, we were approached by a doctor, this caused Seth to jumped out of his seat.

"Are they okay?" Seth instantly asked.

"Your babies are fine, they appear to be healthy and well developed, you can actually go see them when ever you like, but Leah continued to hemorrhage, so the doctors are doing everything they can to stop the bleeding." The doctor explained to us.

"So you're telling me my girlfriend is bleeding to death?" Seth questioned.

"Technically speaking, yes, but we are doing our best to save her." The doctor went on.

The doctors' words filled my ears, but I couldn't accept them and I could tell Dean and Seth felt the same way.