Los Angeles ?

~~

Today, Irene and Small will meet up with their husbands and kids. They discussed their plans last night, deciding to spend the entire day together. Irene needs to head back home later as Alfonso and Andy are arriving from Manila, and they need to prepare for the upcoming Christmas with their family.

Irene: I've talked to Small, honey. They'll first go to Target to get their boosters, then we'll have lunch at The Ivy.
Greggy: Well then, you better get ready now, sweetheart.

Yara: [excited] Yes, dad!

They're already prepared; Irene has chosen her daughter's outfit and done her ponytail. The Ivy is a popular spot, frequented by many celebrities, so reservations are recommended due to the usual crowds.

They arrived early, with the Laude family following, and everyone settled in warmly, exchanging heartfelt greetings.

Small: Irene! [plants a kiss on her cheek]
Irene: Hi Smalley! [joyful] Welcome to L.A.

Phil: Greggy! [shook hands] Great to see you!
Greggy: It's been too long. Busy as ever with business. How about you?

These two enterprising gentlemen delved into discussions about their respective industries and company operations. Meanwhile, the kids

PJ: [calling Yara's full name] Alana Yara Victoria Marcos Araneta! [smiled] We've missed you so much, little girl.
Yara: Hi Ahia PJ! I've been eagerly awaiting your arrival in America too.

Allison: [shouted in excitement] Yaraaaaa!!!
Yara: Allison!! [embraces each other]

These two little girls, daughters of Irene and Small, had been anticipating this reunion for a long time, finally meeting after enduring through lockdowns and other challenges.

Michael: [laughs] Allison's overjoyed!
Tim: Her BFF is finally here.

Small: [gazing at her kids] Our little girls have grown so much, it brings tears to my eyes.
Irene: I know, it's incredible how quickly time flies!

Small: [looking back] It feels like just yesterday they were so small, and now they're young ladies.
Irene: Mothers tend to get sentimental. [teary-eyed]

Small: And here we are, getting teary-eyed already. [laughs]

The Araneta and Laude families opted for an open-air dining experience, choosing a table on Ivy's patio. They had already placed their orders; Irene and Small went for Lobster Pasta and fresh grapefruit juices, while Greggy and Philip opted for glasses of wine along with Cobb Salad and Tuna Tartare. The kids excitedly anticipated their burgers, ravioli, pasta dishes, and black truffle pasta.

 The kids excitedly anticipated their burgers, ravioli, pasta dishes, and black truffle pasta