Birthday boy

It had been 2 years since youssef and Nathan got together yet Nathan still didn't understand why youssef hated his birthday.
///
"Nathan for the last time I'm not celebrating my birthday" youssef argued back. It was a week until Youssef's birthday and that whole week they had been arguing over it. "Why don't you want to celebrate, seff, just tell me and I'll drop the subject" Nathan asked confused about what could have caused his boyfriend to hate his birthday so badly. "NO IM NOT TELLING YOU" youssef yelled back with tears in his eyes. As he stormed up to there bedroom he started to cry. Nathan followed him slowly and quietly being cautious as what to say. When he opened the bedroom door and saw a crying youssef huddled in a ball, guilt immediately consumed him. As he edged closer to him he could hear youssef mutter about him being sorry. "Darling you have nothing to be sorry for...I shouldn't be pressuring you to talk about it" Nathan whispered into youssef hair while holding him. Youssef looked at him with teary eyes trying to think of way to explain his childhood.
///
After serval minutes of silence youssef spoke, "as a child I was never really allowed to celebrate my birthday since my parents thought it was a waste of time ,and, I guess as I grew older I just started to hate my birthday and as whole". Nathan looked at him with sorrow in his eyes, making youssef instantly regret what he said. "Darling did you think I would be mad at something you couldn't control" Nathan questioned with a hurt tone. "Y..y..yes" youssef stuttered which caused Nathan caused to break out in a small smile "you dork how could I ever be mad at you; if you'd like we can celebrate your birthday this year and if you don't enjoy we'll not do it next year". Youssef now smiling too nodded at sound of that idea.
///one week later///
Youssef woke up to the smell of coffee and bacon. He panicked thinking someone broke in but turned to see Nathan side of the bed empty. Curiosity took control of him as he stretched and went downstairs. He hadn't expected to see so many ballon's and birthday banners. As he entered the kitchen a small sleepy smile covered his face to see his boyfriend making breakfast. Youssef got behind Nathan and wrapped his arms around him "morning birthday boy" Nathan uttered to him "you need to let go if you want breakfast quicker". After hearing that youssef let go and grabbed a cup of coffee for him and Nathan. While Nathan served breakfast he couldn't help feel happiness take over him. Nathan kissed him softly and left the kitchen coming back with a present in hands. Excitement took ever youssef as he opened it to find the doc martens he'd been looking to buy for months. The reaction caused Nathan to smile at his boyfriend as he ate his breakfast.
///
Once the night came youssef wore a small frown. "Seff what's wrong" Nathan asked as he got there favourite movie ready, "I had birthday today...but not any cake".Nathan giggled leaving to the kitchen. Youssef sat on the couch waiting in confusion. After a few minutes Nathan walked in with a cake in his hands. Youssef eyes had glow that wasn't from the candles. Nathan knelt down in front of youssef and lifted the cake up "make a wish birthday boy". Without thinking youssef blew out the candle, hoping one day his wish would come true.
///
Inspiration for Youssef's cake:

|Hope you enjoyed 🤍 feel free to send headcanon and recommendations

|
Hope you enjoyed 🤍 feel free to send headcanon and recommendations