Broken records

December 27th. That was the day Darcy went to her house one last time.

She waited so long since she knew that they definitely wouldn't be in the house, as they would instead be on their yearly new years trip.

Stepping into the house felt like stepping onto foreign territory, she knew now that this wasn't a home. It was just a place she lived; What she has now is a home.

It had felt strange when she ran up the stairs, normally she would be running to hide from her parents but this time she was running because she knew once this was over she was free.

As she pushed the bedroom door open she immediately started to grab things and threw them into a bag. Then once she got all the clothes out of her wardrobe, she climbed to the back and grabbed her records. She always hid her records as she didn't want her parents to find them. She carefully placed them in the bag and then ran back downstairs.

After a couple minutes of searching the living room, Darcy found the most important thing she needed. Her birth certificate and all her other necessary paperwork. She sat for a second staring at it and then placed it in the bag next to the records.

Before she knew it, she was locking up the house and placing the key on the step.

Taking a deep breath she turned and started walking away knowing that she'll never have to go back.

The first thing she did once she got back home was run up to her to unpack everything. Ever since moving in with Youssef she's had a much better way of organising her stuff. Although it took her a while to finish it all, she couldnt help but feel proud of the final outcome.

Jumping on to her bed she finally took a look a her records.

As she pulled the first one out of it's sleeve, she was overwhelmed with emotions. The further the pulled it out the closer she was brought to tears.

"She found them"

No matter how hard she tried she couldnt pull her eyes away from shattered and scratched record. She put it to the side and look at the others. One after the other all the outcomes were the same.

Before she knew it she was on her bed in tears clutching a broken record in her hands.

A knock alerted her as she tore her eyes from the record. Youssef looked at her with a pained smile as he walked over and held her. If she wasn't being totally honest , she didn't want him to let go "she broke them all" she sobbed out.

Youssef wasn't entirely sure what to do so he just held her while gently stroking her back. After a while he sat on the bed and pulled her on to his lap.

He didn't tell her to stop crying nor did he tell her to calm down. Instead he just let her react how she needed to.

A small part of him wasn't shocked at what had happened, if the woman could kick her daughter for the expressing herself then she definitely could do worse. Hell, if she knew the truth, she probably would have.

Something hit him suddenly, it was quiet. He looked down at the girl cradled in his arms and noticed she had cried herself to sleep. A sigh left his lungs as he tucked her into bed. She tucked a loose strand out of her face and whispered "my poor sweet girl, im sorry for everything she's done to you."

He grabbed the records and walked out of her room then headed down stairs to the kitchen. Resting his head in his hands, he couldn't help but feel frustrated at everything. While calming his breaths, his phone went off, he looked at his phone and saw he had a text from Nathan.

Nathan<3:Hey, did she get everything?
Youssef: I think so, kinda got bigger problems at the moment
Nathan<3:Wait, what happened?
Youssef:That bitch broke Darcy's records *sends pic*
Nathan<3:God I hate her
Youssef:that makes three of us

He shut off his phone and placed it back on the counter. He stared at the records for a short while then he got an idea.

*January 9th*
It was officially Darcy's birthday and she didn't know how to feel about it.

As her eyes adjusted to the morning light she noticed something different about the wall in front of her. It was decorated in ballon's and banners and streamers; And then she saw on the chair in the corner of her room was a pile of presents.

She couldnt fight the smile that appeared the smile on her face.

Rubbing her eyes, she proceeded to drag herself to the pile. As she tore the paper off each gift, her excitement only built. Once she got to the final gift she carefully shook it, attempting to figure out what it could be. Tearing off the paper revealed a black box which she slowly lift the lid off.

Inside was exact replicas of the records.

She could feel her heart racing from excitement as she carefully placed them down and then ran downstairs.

Without even thinking she ran into the kitchen, tackling Youssef and Nathan into a hug. The pair chuckled at the girl and hugged her back "you got me the records" she said with a soft tone.

The two grabbed either side of her face with a smile "Of course we did sweetie, now come you're having breakfast before you go" Nathan said. Darcy nodded and sat down waiting for breakfast, feeling more excited for later.