Late night chats

They laid awake on their back staring at the ceiling. Not sure on what they expect to happen they stayed quiet. The sound of Youssef's hand against bedding could be heard as he pushed it towards Nathan's hand. He jumped at the feeling of Nathan's hand touching his. "What's on your mind?". Youssef smiled "do you think that maybe we could have met in any universe?". Nathan was quiet. It wasn't a question that would usually be asked, especially from Youssef. After a long pause he spoke "yes we would because I know we couldn't be without each other no matter what" he noticed that Youssef hadn't respond to his answer "is there anything else on your mind darling?". Youssef didn't know how to answer that. He had so many thoughts and questions running through his head, it sometimes annoyed him not knowing why he was like this. He tried to convince himself it was normal but nothing about felt normal. He felt the tears welding up in his eyes. He never realised how much he cried even though he was raised by a mother who told men didn't cry. The broken sobs could soon be heard in the silence "it's so loud". Nathan pulled him close to him "what's loud, darling?". Youssef didn't want to respond thinking he would have sounded stupid. After several minutes of waiting he spoke again "my head is so loud, it's full of questions and thoughts... I wish my thoughts could just be of you". Nathan could hear the pain in voice and held with a grip that was comforting. Nathan had an idea and knowing they wouldn't need much sleep due to no work the next day, it could possibly work out. "Ask me the questions and I'll give my most honest answer". And that's what they did the whole night until they fell asleep holding each other in their arms.
|||
So yeah I kinda feel Youssef would ADHD or autism (it's a headcanon)