Parent needed

(Trigger warning:
Implied abuse and self harm)
It already had been an eventful day Truham high and it was about become even more eventful.
///
It was break time when youssef and Nathan were sat together in Nathan's classroom. They didn't talk about much only things that came to mind. Youssef was trying distract Nathan who was worried about Charlie. Charlie had recently confided with Nathan about how mother was slowly starting to almost hate him due to his mental health. Yesterday, Charlie went to Nathan's classroom first thing crying saying he didn't want to go home. Nathan wasn't the only one worried, youssef was also worried as he knew that Charlie would never turn up late to school. They both heard footsteps and quiet sobs heading towards the classroom.
///
Youssef turned his head to the door. He never expected to see a sobbing and shaking Charlie Spring. Both youssef and Nathan ran to Charlie making sure that he was okay as Nathan picked him up and carried him to a table to sit him on while youssef locked the door. They both sat in front of him helping him breath and wiping his tears. Neither of them touched him as to not spike his anxiety more but Charlie knew they where there caring for him.
///
Charlie had eventually calmed down but he also fell asleep while doing so. Youssef got covers for both his and Nathan's lessons while they carried him to the library. Once in the library they laid him on a couch in a far corner where no one would hear or see them. Youssef looked at Nathan's face and could see guilt covering it "it's not your fault" he muttered to him. Nathan looked at Charlie with tears in his eyes "I told him to keep trying with her and that I'll find him a way to safety, now look at him youssef, I did this to him" he said with a broken voice. Youssef opened his arms and Nathan fell into them crying while blaming himself as youssef wrapped his arms around him. Nathan couldn't accept that it wasn't his fault what had happened even if they didn't know. They heard a knock at the door so youssef went open it and saw the principal, mr Lange and coach Singh . Youssef reluctantly let them in, leading them to the spot they were sat in. None of the arriving teachers had expected to see Nathan crying and apologising to a sleeping Charlie. They all frowned at the scene while youssef sat down to hold him again. "Seff it's all my fault, I could have helped him" he whimpered as youssef rubbed small circles on his back. The principal, mr Barnes, looked at them with confusion not knowing about their secret.
///
Charlie had woken up to youssef holding Nathan, with a tear stained face, and his three other teachers. "Mr Ajayi, mr Farouk, am I in trouble" Charlie spoke with a croaky voice "please don't tell my mum". The sound of him saying that panicked all the teachers. Nathan and youssef sat on the couch next to Charlie, "Charlie we aren't gonna tell your mum if you tell us what happened" youssef told him with a soft voice. Ever since the french trip youssef had had a soft spot for Charlie. As Charlie cleared his throat he looked at the teachers surrounding him "okay- b..basically last night I had thoughts of self harm again and it kinda put me in a panic attack. I didn't think I was being too loud until my mum came in and started telling me to grow up and how I should be acting like a man. I tried to calm down but she made everything feel worse" he paused "then she told me I was better off dead and no one would miss me". Everyone had gone pale hearing those words come from the boys mouth; no one knew what to say. "I need to make few calls, is that okay Charlie" mr barnes asked "yes, I guess" he muttered as mr barnes turned to leave. Coach Singh sat in front of him "he's gonna call the police, you realise that?" She asked him as Charlie nodded his head. The room went quiet until the sobs and apologise were heard from Nathan. Charlie and Youssef immediately hugged him not wanting him to blame himself
///
Eventually the police came to school and asked Charlie about his interaction with his mother. The whole time Nathan and Youssef sat beside him reminding him to breath and take his time. The police finished the questioning and advised Charlie stay somewhere other than at his house. "He can stay with us" Nathan and youssef said in sync. Everyone turned to look at them. "Oh shit" mr Lange mumbled under his breath "mr barnes can you please let mr Farouk and mr Ajayi explain themselves on Monday as I think we can all agree we deserve a rest" he added exhausted causing coach Singh to nod in agreement. Mr barnes sighed "fine. We will discuss everything Monday, now, mr Farouk and mr ajayi please take Charlie home and allow him to get some rest". And they did exactly that.
///
As they walked into the house Charlie spoke "you know, you guys are  kinda the parents I wish I grew up with" with a soft smile. Youssef and Nathan turned to him with a smile. "Charlie you decide who your parents are not blood" youssef told him while Nathan nodded in agreement. "Fine then you guys are my parents" Charlie spoke with happiness covering his voice. The first both ,youssef and Nathan, had heard him happy that made them happy.
|
Okay so that was a long one and I didn't expect it to be this long.