New years kiss

It was 11 at night on January 31st. Youssef and Nathan were huddled up under a blanket watching a movie holding each other. A soft sigh left Youssef's lips breaking Nathan out of his thoughts. He looked down at him with confusion in his eyes "is everything alright,darling?" he asked as youssef turned to look up at him. Youssef stared deeply into his eyes, he shook his head. Nathan knew to be patient with Youssef and so he raised his hand starting to rub Youssef's cheek.
He leaned into the touch as his eyes flutter shut "we've been together for three years now but yet you've never kissed me at midnight". Nathan stopped what he was doing and just held his face, he had always assumed that Youssef wouldn't to do anything stereotypical like that. "you know you're allowed to kiss me first, darling". Hearing this Youssef blushed a deep pink and nodded quickly hoping to hide his face quick enough that Nathan wouldn't notice. Unfortunately he was too slow as Nathan ran his fingers through his hair and tugged his head down to kiss him. Before he could Gatsby awoke and ran between them stopping the kiss. Youssef pouted at his cat as Nathan just giggled. Once they started to pull away from each other Gatsby ran off back to sleep, leaving the two of them shocked "that cat is setting us up for failure" Youssef mumbled. They both laughed, cuddling back into each other to carry on watching the movie.
|
It had 25 minutes since their little conversation. Nathan looked at his phone to check the time. A smirk spread across his face. "hey darling" he whispered to youssef. Youssef turned but before he could answer Nathan pulled him close. He kissed him slowly. It was soft and made him blush. Fingers ran through his hair as it deepened. They slowly pulled away, panting uneven breathes. Youssef slightly tilted his head in confusion. "happy New Year darling". Youssef eyes lit up knowing with a start like that it was going to be good year.