🎃Autumn cookies🎃

During the middle of a chilly October day Nathan was walking downstairs when the smell of something sweet hit him. He leaned against the kitchen doorway taking in the sight of his boyfriend whisking something in a bowl. He sneaked up behind Youssef wrapping an arm around his waist and pressing a kiss to his hair. Youssef leaned his head back and was greated to his boyfriend looking down with a smile. "hi" Youssef said as Nathan stuck his finger into the batter to try it. As he tried the batter, Youssef stood there mouth gaped open at what he just witnessed "NATHAN" he yelled in a playful way to which Nathan shrugged in confusion "what my hands are clean". Youssef rolled his eyes at his boyfriends antics "yes they may be clean but it's raw dough, you could sick and I don't want that" he said with a bit of worry lacing his voice as he turned back to carry on mixing the batter. Nathan not wanting to get hit decided to sit at the kitchen island and watch his boyfriend. Once the batter was perfect youssef started to lay it on the baking tray in a shape which made Nathan look in confusion "pumpkins" youssef said to answer his boyfriend's questioning gaze. The sweet scent became more recognisable as they were placed "is that pumpkin spice?" he asked with excitement, Youssef nodded with a blush knowing it was Nathan's favourite. As he put the tray in the oven he asked "would you like to help me make the icing?" but before he could get an answer Nathan was pulling with his wrapped around his waist to the islander to start the icing. As they made the icing the laughed at the mess they made just while making the icing alone. Once it was finally done they started putting it in the bags, Nathan trying to not get any messier but failing miserably. They put the icing to side and took the cookies out the oven allowing them to clean. Nathan couldn't tell if he was more drawn to the cookies or his boyfriend, who was just as messy as he was. It was when Youssef started to walk closer he knew, leaning down to kiss youssef he was stopped with pressing against his nose "first you help me clean up" Youssef stated as Nathan let out a fake gasp causing youssef smile. Nathan did help him clean as he knew he was just as responsible for the mess, even though youssef is set on saying that he caused most of it. Once the island was clean Youssef walked to Nathan wrapping his arms around his neck "thank you darling" he whispered kissing him softly. Nathan cursed himself for making Youssef such an affectionate tease. "You gonna help me decorate them or just stand there watching?" Youssef teased as he grabbed the cookies placing on the island, while Nathan grabbed the icing. They spent the next hour or so just talking and teasing each other while they iced. After they finished the icing Youssef put them to the side to let icing dry, turning to be greeted with icing being spread on his nose. Nathan giggled at his boyfriends face until he too got icing spread on his nose. They stood there for a few seconds in silence and burst out into laughter. They leaned, kissing each other with grins on their faces as youssef mumbled into the kiss "no cookies for you" pulling away to go get changed out messy clothes. Nathan fake gasped "but darling I'm sorry" he could hear youssef laugh from upstairs. He ran upstairs to also get changed and scaring Youssef in the process. Nathan couldn't believe how much calmer youssef had become since they started dating although their students will always see him as the grumpiest man alive (until Nathan walks into the classroom of course).