Two truths one lie

It was the usual stormy weather outside the house. The weather that had Youssef constantly on edge. He hated storms, he thought they were way too loud and messed with his head. Whenever a storm came Nathan would carry Youssef into his room and lay him on the bed. He did leave after doing this putting him on edge but Nathan would always come back with multiple fluffy blankets and some tea (even snacks). They would always cuddle together and cover themselves with the blankets, making sure Youssef felt safe was Nathan's main priority. While waiting for the storm to die they would either watch a movie,draw or play games. Today they had decided to play a game "let's play two truths and a lie" youssef whispered into Nathan chest. Nathan looked down kissing him on the head "of course, darling, let's do that but you're starting " he responded with ease. Youssef groaned and rolled his eyes "okay so you are my first boyfriend, I'm fluent in French and my parents don't care that im gay" he spoke, Nathan automatically felt bad that he made him start. "You aren't fluent in French" he said anxiously hoping it wasn't the last "Oh mon amour, tu as tellement tort que je parle très couramment le français par la façon dont tu as l'air très beau ce soir" youssef responded with a giggle. Nathan looked at him with wide eyes full of confusion and awe at what just happened. "Your turn" youssef said with a smirk, as Nathan tightened his grip on Youssef's waist. "Okay so I have been an artist since my teens, my favourite book is pet cemetery and I-" he spoke but got cut off "your favourite book is hamlet" youssef mumbled quickly. A smile grew on Nathan's face when his boyfriend said that "that's right darling my favourite book is hamlet, well done". Youssef eyes light up at the praise until a bang of thunder was heard and he cuddled closer to Nathan's chest covering his ears. Nathan rubbed his back while kissing his head, he could feel tears on his chest "it's okay darling I'm here, I'll protect you". Youssef calmed down after a bit, the only thing he could hear was the sound of Nathan's steady heartbeat. Youssef looked up at him " I'm a dog person, my favourite book is the great Gatsby and I love you". Nathan looked down at him with shock in his eyes "a..aren't you a cat person though". It was silent. Then Nathan could feel the nod on his chest. "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry" youssef kept repeating but Nathan gently held his face "I love you too" he whispered leaning in to kiss him. They leaned in having a slow and soft kiss as the rain died down in the background. Youssef kinda liked rain storms now.