Valentine's morning

Small rays of light shone through the curtains as Nathan watched his love sleep. He watched the slight movement of his chest as he took light breaths.

"I know you're watching me" an exhausted Youssef mumbled.

Nathan just chuckled at him. Moving a hair from Youssef's face he whispered "You're so pretty, darling", pressing a kiss to his forehead. The smaller man pressed his face into Nathan's chest while his cheeks turned a rosy tint.

A smile could be felt against Nathan's chest. And then a small press of lips could be felt.

"Happy valentines, darling" Youssef mumbled into Nathan's chest. Raising his head Nathan said "Happy valentines, love" pressing a kiss to Youssef lips. They soon pulled away, while pulling apart Youssef grimaced. Nathan playfully raised an eyebrow at that.

"1. morning breath and 2. Im hungry"

Nathan rolled his eyes as Youssef climbed out of bed and put on Nathan's hoodie. As went to complain Youssef turned "I got you a new one... as a gift" he stated with a blush. Nathan broke out in a smile "just so you can steal that one." to which Youssef smirked and walked out. Hearing footsteps head downstairs, Nathan threw himself back into bed waiting for his boyfriends return.

The smell of melted chocolate and pancakes filled the kitchen as Youssef let them cool down and start making coffee. He grabbed their two cups, his nightmare before Christmas cup and Nathan's heart shaped cup, as the kettle boiled. Once the coffee had been made he grabbed a plate and placed the pancakes on it.

Once placing everything on a tray and grabbing his gift he headed back upstairs.

He stepped into the bedroom to see Nathan playing with Gatsby. Smiling at the sight, he asked "Am I being replaced now?" Nathan looked up at him with a soft smile "You were talking too long". Youssef sat on the bed and set the tray down, placing the gift at the side of the bed. As Youssef ate his pancakes, Nathan tried to steal one "no stealing my food" Youssef said while eating.

"We are in a relationship therefore it isn't stealing it's sharing" Nathan claimed.

Youssef rolled his eyes "that only works if we're married" he teased, Nathan shrugged his shoulders "guess I'll have to marry then" he teased back. Youssef blushed at that response, definitely not expecting it, until Nathan said "aren't we technically sharing my jumper?" to which Youssef sighed "good point" passing the plate to Nathan.

Once they finished the pancakes and put the cups on the nightstand Nathan leaned over Youssef trying to grab his present. He just rolled his eyes and grabbed it then handed it to him. As Nathan opened Youssef played with Gatsby scared of his reaction. A gasp of delight was heard.

"It's so pretty and soft, I love it"

Youssef smiled hearing those words and turned to see Nathan wearing it. He looked so cuddly wearing it. Nathan walked to the bathroom and grabbed something from inside. When he walked out Youssef's eyes light up.

"Is that the chubby cubby build a bear?" he asked in excitement.

Nathan nodded and then revealed a bouquet of flowers. A delighted sigh left Youssef's lips as kissed Nathan. Then something caught his eye. Lavender roses. Youssef met Nathan's eyes "you loved me at first sigh... wait you listened to all my rambling about flowers." Nathan nodded with a shy smile. The two looked at each other until Gatsby stood between them, a set of paws on each of their legs.

"Gatsby, seriously sweetie, I love you and you look adorable but come on"Youssef spoke while stroking the cat.

The cat looked at him innocently while showing off his new jumper. Youssef shook his head looking at Nathan "he's starting to act like you" to which he just faked a gasp of pain. They let out a slight chuckle as Nathan asked " so, what would you like to do today?"
|||
Happy Valentines, hope you enjoyed, feel free to comment what you thought or if you have any suggestions