Chapter Six

Pulling into the driveway of the house I parked and left it my own will to put it away tomorrow or very well I'll simply take it to school.

Not really caring I slammed the door to my car shut which I would probably have to pay for at some point for damaging such an expensive vehicle.

Walking up to the front door I unlock the door and kick off my shoes before walking upstairs out of the entry way to the actual home.

Getting to the top of the stairs I threw my jacket over the back of the couch and walked to the sliding glass door to walk out to the Japanese styled garden around the pool

My parents had always been willing to provide this kind of life that seemed disconnected but on the flip side they gave away more money then one should be able to do at forty one and forty two respectively.

Washing my hands and changing into comfy clothes I walked back to the open garden door, and leaning against it I breathed in the smell of cherry blossoms and crisp water since the pool was alkeline water.

The guest house was one floor but like everywhere on this property has double height ceilings, it was also shaped in a square.

As I relaxed letting out a sigh I walked over to the pool and knelt down sitting with my arms resting on my knees.

I then thought back to the party and wondered if I had scared Scarlett. It was the first time she had seen me be mad and I broke Levi's nose.

He deserved it for being a piece of shit.

Despite my thoughts I did feel bad and my mind would let me live it down.

Suddenly I heard a knock behind me and I glanced at the door to see Scarlett staring at me her arms crossed and I wondered how she knew where I lived but I bet Theo told her.

"Scarlett what are you doing here?" I ask.

"Nice to see you too Nathan" she sarcastically replies walking over to me and sitting down beside me.

I then roll my eyes and let out a sigh glancing over at her.

"Sorry if I scared you" I say not looking at her prefering to stare at her reflection in the pool.

"I've seen fights before" she says as if it wasn't a big deal.

"Why do I believe that just not from a bystander. You don't really seem like the type of person to take shit from someone".

"I'm not it's why I'm sitting next to you checking to see if you're okay".

"Why wouldn't I be?" I dryly press.

"Because you kinda look sad sitting here or at the least glum".

"Beating the shit out of myself mentally".

"What good is that causing?".

I was silent and I couldn't think of a single positive to it.

"Exactly" she says.

"Let me think of something" I grumble and she does that thing with her eyes. "Rolling your eyes at me how polite".

"Fuck off Winters" she bit out.

"You came to my house remember" I quip with a winning smirk.

"Don't do that" she says narrowing her eyes at me.

"Don't do what this" I say repeating the smirk.

"Yes stop that".

"Why? I'm just smirking".

"That's the problem, it's distracting".

"From what".

"I'm trying to have a witty remark but you keep doing that".