Chapter Thirteen

During lunch that day we all easily glided into the cafeteria that was an atrium in itself before we all walked to the lineup and waited patiently.

Getting to the front I looked over the gourmet options and decided to have mango curry and butter chicken with naan same as Nathan who gave me a side eyed look before a subtle smirk rose to his lips soon followed by him moving to the right to wait for his food.

"Copying me are you Scarlett" Nathan teases giving me a wry smile.

"In your dreams Winters" I quip rolling my eyes at him as our food was set before us in square porcelain bowls.

Once again Nathan smirked and waited for me before we both walked to the table and he remained standing while everyone else sat watching.

"Sit" Nathan says with a gesture of his free hand but the word sounding more like a command then a general request in my head.

Your brain is playing tricks on you Scarlett.

Sitting half way along the bench I turned to look at him but he was gone before suddenly being across from me at a comfortable and respectful distance like he knew that I had chosen a place where he would sit at a fair distance no matter which side he sat on.

"Want to tell us about that girl what was her name again?" Zavier asks eyeing Lucian while a piece of his chicken cordon bleu sat at the end of his fork.

Guess the food choices was chicken based for today.

"Amelia and what about her" Lucian replies refusing to look at any of us.

"You seemed awfully friendly towards her".

"Leave him be Ambrose, you haven't been able to keep it in your pants since grade eight".

"That's because I'm hung" he replies and a series of glares followed the exception being Theo who was too busy listening to music to care.

Nothing lessens his mood does it.

"If you ever say anything like that again, you'll be lucky to have anything bigger then a grain of fucking sand" Nathan seethed and watching how dark his eyes got made me think of things that I shouldn't.

"Shutting up" Zavier says going back to his food.

There was nothing but silence for a little bit before I glanced up to see Nathan staring at me with an amused expression.

"Yes Nathan".

"Why were you watching my Polo practice earlier, specifically me, your eyes never left me?".

Shit he saw.

"I wanted to see what all the fussing was about I just so happened to end up watching you because you were the only person there".

"And my playing capability?" he muses with a smirk that showed all manner of confidence.

Egoist.

"Mediocre" I shrug pretending that I wasn't at all shocked by how well he played.

"You called it impressive earlier" Theo pipes up looking up at me with a smile of his own on his face but it was more child like then the now amused one on Nathan's.

"Thank you Theo for being honest" Nathan says looking from the blonde to me.

"You're a shit liar by the way, I could tell before Theo spoke".

"Really I find that doubtful".

"Tell me two truths one lie, I'll be able to tell you which was the lie" he remarks confidently before leaning forward to watch me carefully.