Chapter Sixty Four

That night the yacht sat outside Malta ten hours away from Portofino though whoever thought billionaire children with access to means of travel weren't going to go wherever they wanted was sadly mistaken.

I had dressed in white jeans and a black button up shirt with my typical sunglasses before walking towards the back of the boat where a helicopter was sitting waiting for me and Scarlett.

The plan was to have dinner in Malta but I wasn't going to take a boat like the boys I was flying to the restaurant on the helicopter I'd asked to be flown out to pick us up, rented for the trip, however I did also ask for cars to be ready for the boys, I just happened to want to do this instead.

Getting to the back of the boat I found that a helicopter had landed and already Scarlett stood ready dressed in a slightly similar outfit in terms of colour as hers was a diagonally striped wrap dress which made me wonder where she kept all of these but I wasn't going to try and figure that out.

"Ready" I ask as I got to the backdoor of the helicopter and opened it.

"Of course I am, first time in Malta" she replies and this makes me smile. I liked that I got to show her the world it made me happy that all of these were new experiences for her and I was slowly endulging her in all of them.

As the helicopter lifted Scarlett and I buckled our seats before our pilot flew us off along the edge of the two islands that made up Malta.

I liked Malta, I had actually been here a few times but my parents were also here and in typical family style we rented the presidential suite of the most luxurious hotel on the island and left the Skoteino out on the ocean.

I also had never seen how fast people would cater to a group of people in my life though my parents were recognizable people pretty much everywhere in the world including Malta where there was actually a Winters Group building but it was for powering the islands incase of a tsunami or any type of natural disaster.

When I spotted the Blue Elephant, which was the restaurant we were going to I leaned forward.

"Just get close to a pier, we can get out there" I instruct and the pilot nods before we got down to the water where I could see the boys getting off the boat before Lucian tied it and Scarlett and I got out of the helicopter which was causing shallow waves in the harbour.

"Thank you" I say setting a roll of one hundreds down on the passenger seat.

I had picked up a few habits from my parents that would seem careless or materialistic, but was from the fact that if you get good hard working people under you or those that do their jobs you should pay them well.

Never failed my parents why would it fail me.

I also viewed it as partial philanthropy because everyone in the world knew that we had money, the Winters Family was just infamous for sharing that wealth through passion projects, redevelopment, social change in communities, employment and education opportunities, and even mass need charity to a different cause though my dad's personal favourite was giving away food and blankets, water filtrations systems and collection centres that were all ran for free by WGI, it was however a tax right off because a portion of his money was going through charity.

Walking along the pier I joined up with the boys who were talking candidly like they did several months ago when alone.

"It's weird not having the girls here but I like the time to be with the boys" Zavier says.

"Ambrose if you flirt with or do anything other then turn down a girl if one talks to you, Lea will kill you" Scarlett says.

"He cheats I will become the second most terrifying person in Thornbrook" I muse.

"Yeah and the scariest in New York is your dad" Theo says.

"Terrifying the city's wealthiest since he was thirteen" Lucian remarks.

Scarlett then smirked.

"My dad knew Nathan's when they attended the Rosenburg Institute in Switzerland as children. Apparently Adrian is a lot better then he was at eight and nine" she says.

"Good to know I'm the severely downnotched version of my dad" I remark with a smile.

"If he's downnotched I feel bad for my parents" Theo says and Lucian laughs while Zavier simply looks amused by his friend.

"You know you're a little dramatic Theo" Zavier says.

"Dramatic?" Theo implores, "that's my middle name".

"Actually it's Victor" Lucian and I correct simultaneously before giving each other a dismissive shrug.

"Theodore Victor Niles, kinda catchy" Scarlett says.

"Zavier what's yours?" Theo asks, and his friend blankly stares at him.

"Motherfucker you've known me our whole life and never picked it up".

"Zavier Olsen Ambrose" I say, Lucian's is Lucian Callum Harrington".

"How did we get to middle names?" Zavier asks looking between all of us.

"Progression of conversation" I reply as we get to the doors and walk inside before getting to the front desk.

"Reservation for Winters, Nathanial" I say to the waiter who had tropical hardwood coloured skin and black styled hair with dark trousers and a button up though his wasn't fitted.

However most people are not millionaires let alone billionaires.

"Right this way" he says gesturing to the eating area outside where I'd asked for an ocean view table.

"Is this okay" he asks and from here I could see my yacht, and the dozens of lights that it gave off and reflected across the water as the fading sunlight cast purple into the black of the night on the horizon.

"It's perfect, thank you" I say pulling a seat out for Scarlett who slid into her spot when she had sat.

The boys however were already seated and looking at the menus. A sign of money was usually knowing what you'd have at any restaurant you attended, I knew almost immediately what everyone would be getting and as they ordered drinks it was clearer and clearer that I knew my friends better then they'd like to admit.

However I liked changing things up making people have to second guess themselves for twenty-five years there has been one pattern of Winters Group, making more money in untapped markets. The problem was that the markets that the company could expand into were either pointless and would fail, or was illegal.

There was also that company policy stated that certain things weren't of interest. My parents goal had been to change the path humans were going not leaving the planet like Elon Musk had planned to do.

Though if billionaires lose their path because of money perfect.

Tuning back into the conversation I sat with my hands folded listening mostly though I had caught the looks Scarlett kept casting me as we all sat talking though I was more of a listener, small changes like that that still suited me made it easier and easier to adopt the shadow perception the world would expect from me.

I also knew some of the skills my dad had picked up and I genuinely hoped it would help me when in two years I stood in the CEO office of Winters Group International.

And as I stared off over the ocean I silently wondered how many enemies  like Carrick De'Vincent will I make when I do.

I have to cut it short because its late here and I spent a lot of my days recently with my GF who is going into uni so I am trying to spend as much time with her as I can, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌