Chapter Thirty One

Nathanial Winters

She looked stunning, and I wouldn't deny it. I was completely shocked by her appearance most days but the fact I was managing to speak clearly was surprising.

I had been thinking that for the past few hours, I had also been dancing with her for a decent part of the night.

"Want to get out of here?" I ask as I pull her back into my chest, and she glances up at me with a curious expression.

"Nathan Winters asking an age old question".

"Not what I meant at least in a traditional sense. Want to go for a night drive to the marina?".

This seemed to make Scarlett perk up.

"Why?".

"I want to take out a yacht for the weekend" I say and she smiles at me as if wondering how I'd convinced my dad to let me do something like that.

"Sure" she says with a smile and I begin to lead her out of the building until descending the stairs to my car.

"The billionaire heir of Winters Group International taking me to a yacht" Scarlett smirks, "didn't see that coming when I came from Paris".

I then cast her an amused smile before pulling open my door.

"Get in," I then slipped into the car and started it while Scarlett effortlessly slid into the passenger seat which may have been helped by the slit in the side of the dress.

Once her door had closed, I sped off through the streets of New York towards the marina where all of my father's yachts were kept or as both he and the media called them, the three sisters.

Skoteino, Nikiaos and Galanio.

Getting along side the road that gave a view over the marina I pointed out across the water where three boats were side by side with black hulls and varied shades of grey starting with gunmetal and leading down to a heat treated steel colour.

Parking the car in the lot that was reserved for the owners of one or more boats here I pushed open my door and slid out before looking over at Scarlett.

"You wouldn't have worn a separate less expensive dress under that would you?".

"It's a two layer dress, of course I do I have to be prepared at all times" she replies with an edge of sarcasm that I had gotten used to from her.

When she got out of the car she was now dressed in a knee length fitted dress with the rest of it coiled around her arm.

"Can I put this in the trunk it won't fit behind the seat and I'm scared to rip it?".

Laughing lightly I walked over to my side of the car and opened the door so I could pop the trunk.

Once she had put her dress in my previously empty trunk we walked off towards the docks to locate my yacht which was what Scarlett and I would be going on for the weekend as I intended to go up to Greenwich.

When the two hundred forty foot boat came into view, I wouldn't deny I had a prideful look on my face.

Like my dad I had designed the whole boat start to finish, and coordinated construction.

"I thought you're parents didn't let you take out their yachts" Scarlett remarks with a bemused expression.

"It's not my parents it's mine" I say before walking down the gangplank to the swim deck which was where I could see the name of the boat.

"How the hell did you have the money for a yacht, a penthouse, and a car collection?".

"It's called an billionaire bank account, and I have an active trust" I say as I climb the wooden steps that had been crafted out of wood that had been shipped from Brazil though I had been specific that it couldn't be from the Amazon Rainforest.

The world already cuts down enough trees from there.

"Lucky" she remarks.

"Not really I make stupid decisions like this" I muse before walking into one of the lounges with a pillar in all four corners with a mini bar on one side of the room along with grey marble flooring with a silver outline in a rectangle with a herringbone style of a darker hardwood.

"Oh mon dieu" Scarlett mutters looking around.

"I spared no expense like my parents with their homes" I admit before going on to give her a tour of the entire boat which included twelve full suites with bathrooms, and walk in closets, along with the actual bar area, two more lounges, a dedicated kitchen, dining room, and living room, and about every other amenity on the boat.

"I can't imagine owning such a large vessel".

"Do your parents not own a yacht of their own?" I ask turning to her as we walked out onto the foredeck of the yacht towards the edge of the hull to look over the marina.

"Yes, but I've never been on it. I was never allowed" she says crossing her arms and leaning on the railing.

"Technically none of us were either until getting to Thornbrook" I say looking over at her while the back drop of the various boats in the harbour lay anchored though I spotted the Skoteino and all the bodyguards on board walking the deck yet because of the low lighting it would be impossible to tell that each one of them held automatic rifles though the sheer scale of the boat compared to those protecting it made it clear that the owner was definitely powerful.

Still to this day no one knew that my father owned all three boats neatly moored side by side before me.

Three billion dollars in boats and no one figured it out.

"For such an old family all of you have so much heritage to follow. Rules, and traditions. If I'm not wrong your dad and grandfather broke the mould".

"Buying Ferrari's and Bentley's, along with throwing parties instead of driving around in a base model Mercedes Benz and living in a flat in Greenwich Village".

She laughed and I was blessed with seeing a smile cross her crimson lips.

"I actually would settle for that".

"Life can be simple, hell I think it should. Money shouldn't change people, unfortunately it can and often does".

"Or like many of the kids we go to school with makes them lazy. You're parents at least expect you and your sisters to become something meaningful".

"I'm doing something meaningful right now" I say and a light blush fos on her cheeks but she pretends its not happening. "by spending time with you".

Her face fully flushed now and she turned her face away from me.

It was adorable seeing the condidence slip to reveal a girl who was never really honestly complimented.

"Don't sweet talk me Winters" Scarlett says facing me.

"Never, I wouldn't dream of it Louviere, at least not for my benefit" I smirk and she gives me a half glare before leaning up and kissing me.

"Then whose benefit?".

"Yours".

Though the remark sounded arrogant and cocky, my meaning was that I wanted to do things to improve how she felt around compliments.

I wasn't surprised that she was different behind what was shown to the world. Being the child of wealthy parents results in that no one is real for long. My parents had two friends that turned against them.

We're all damaged a little bit, but being here with Scarlett I felt whole.

Coming back to reality, once again Scarlett pushes herself up but I met her half way.

"I want to be the only one to kiss you" I add, and she hums back a response that I don't hear as our lips connect.

I'm done really late but im done, comment vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌