Chapter Eighty

It was the first day of summer and while most of my family was flying out to Wyoming to go to our ranch, my father was staying in New York for one more day to see the end of the De'Vincent trial which had already shown Levi to go to jail for fifty years, Carrick on the other hand was facing upwards of seventy which was mind blowing though they had dug up a lot about them that was still on file, and because of Levi's ego he would end up likely getting an extended sentence though his crimes meant he had done things that were pretty messed up and I knew that if it was known that he had attempted to rape someone he'd be killed by the inmates so all court could give him was twenty-five years and then he'd have to be transferred.

I was sitting in my penthouse on the couch looking out the window as I held a glass of Lyre a graduation present from my parents so I could technically drink but I wouldn't go to jail if I had it.

The sky was darkening too, and I knew that sooner or later I would have to admit that I needed to go to Boston, I was ready for university Harvard had accepted me and I had been assigned to a fraternity for the year so I knew I at least had a place to go but I was fully leaving my name and a decent portion of my lifestyle behind me once I left.

I would be relieved I knew that but I also knew that it meant not having the boys to talk to despite them all going to business school with me, they got assigned together and I had asked to be treated normally though I was going to school with millionaire's and keeping my real name secret though I knew somewhere there were pictures of me and the boys and Scarlett that if ever were to get out would end my cover and I'd be forced to expose myself as Nathanial Winters, instead of just Nathan.

So I had also decided I'd only be taking my DBS Superleggera to Harvard, I'd loaded up four duffle bags worth of clothing and my sisters also agreed to help bring everything since Abigail said she'd wait and get a Lamborghini truck in a few months once she had gone through physio and felt comfortable driving again.

I also hadn't seen Scarlett in a few days mostly because she too was preparing for university, and how we were planning on going about this I didn't know but she was also tight lipped about which university she was accepted to so I let her have that secret. However it was also partially annoying because I wanted to know if I'd be seeing her at Harvard or if we were going to be travelling to a city between Yale and Harvard.

I also lived in fear of finding out the answer to that. She had been reclusive since the end of exam week, and hadn't talked to me saying that she was preparing for university. So since then I had given her, her time because I felt like there was a duality to that.

Spending a lot of time in my head made a lot of shit happen, I redesigned a code to develop software and I was only eighteen, I had begun collecting a team through the people I knew at Thornbrook and other people who I'd met through travelling and knew as friends. We had developed Nexus Software together and all that was awaiting is actually producing and selling we had a hundred ready and our main idea was to sell to colleges and universities based on school size and student count the software would get more and more expensive but we would explain it all to them.

I had already used some of my money to create the initial building it would run out of and as years go on if this proves successful I may have a new building constructed.

Suddenly my phone rang and I looked over at it to see Scarlett's name flashing on the screen. Quickly I set down my glass and answer the phone.

"Hi beautiful" I say softly.

"Hey, I wanted to talk to you in person. It's important, and not something I want to do over the phone" she says and by the end of her sentence her voice broke.

"Scarlett what's wrong?" I ask as comfortingly as I could.

She sniffs, before sucking in a harsh shaky breathe.